Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Ultimate Lift Kit Ordered

Old 07-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Ultimate Lift Kit Ordered

Just ordered my Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit. Plus ordered my tires (BF Goodrich 285/75/16 All Terrain T/A KO) from TireRack.com.

Hopefully it will arrive at home by the time I get back home this week. Then it is off to the installer! Pics to come after install.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
ty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty (like tie your shoes)
ty.s07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to ty.s07
I have the same lift and I love it. Ride is super smooth.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what size tires did you go with Ty?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Takin' up space!!
daniel68 is on a distinguished road
Name: Danny
daniel68's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the same kit. Very pleased with the ride! Upgrading the bumpstops is next. Then I can rail those speedbumps!
Old 07-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #5

Well, I was just told that some of my lift parts are on backorder. So looks a little delayed on the install. But will be well worth the wait.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
Takin' up space!!
Bummer. Did you go with the AAL or upgrade the kit to a new leaf pack. I went with the 2" AAL and have some rake. I think the 1-1/2" AAL would have been closer to level. I had the non TSB 3 leaf set up to start with on a '08 Access Cab.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
ty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedty.s07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ty.s07's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the late reply, I went with the 2" AAL as well and I too have a very small amount of rake, just need to lift the front more .

Currently I have 265/70-16's on the stock black "baja" style rims, I'm planning on upgrading to either 285/75's or possibly 255/85's. I'm worried 285's will stick out too much since I'd have to run spidertrax wheel spacers to fit 285's on my stock rims.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Takin' up space!!
285's look good. Usually some trimming is nec from what I've read. I went w/ 235x85x16 but on 16x8 wheels they ended up about the same height as the 265x70x16's I was running. Next time around I'm going with 255x85x16 for sure.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:05 PM   #9

ty.s07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure 255/85's are my next tire.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
hcoulby is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
hcoulby's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing it.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Takin' up space!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty.s07 View Post

SWEEET!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 AM   #13

Sorry for the late reply. I went with the Dakar new leaf pack.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:06 AM   #14
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Currently I have 265/70-16's on the stock black "baja" style rims, I'm planning on upgrading to either 285/75's or possibly 255/85's. I'm worried 285's will stick out too much since I'd have to run spidertrax wheel spacers to fit 285's on my stock rims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel68 View Post
Next time around I'm going with 255x85x16 for sure.
Quote:
You'll like the 255/85/16s. Mine are on 1st Gen TRDs (3/4" less BS so they stick out a little farther)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Cowboy View Post
Sorry for the late reply. I went with the Dakar new leaf pack.
Good choice.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #15

ty.s07's Tacoma Gallery
^ looks mean, I like that alot. did you get your tires local or offline?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #16
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Shopped online then told local Discount Tires that Tire Rack would sell them to me for $195 so Discount beat it with $190. Just under $900 out the door.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
Takin' up space!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Shopped online then told local Discount Tires that Tire Rack would sell them to me for $195 so Discount beat it with $190. Just under $900 out the door.

I shopped online and took my best online price to the Discount Tire (on Los Altos) and they beat the price significantly!! Grabbed my Mojaves from them as well.

Ty, their a national chain. Check 'em out.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #18

Well, left at 6am this morning headed to the installer. And, after 10 hours (and taking my daughter to the mall), my lift, UCAs, and new tires were installed!!!!! No rubbing so far (haven't locked it in yet)!

I will post pics tomorrow (it was raining when I got home). Thanks to all who gave me advice! On a side note, I got all my parts back that were taken off; So, after checking prices, I will have some parts for sale (stock leaf packs, bilstein shocks/struts ((still attached to front coil)), and 5 BFG 265/70/16 tires ((only 18k miles on the tires and still in good shape. Spare is still new and never used!)), and my stock UCAs). They will be priced reasonably!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #19

Pics of new lift

More pics in my gallery!

Sunny picture is stock
Rainy picture is with new ToyTec Ultimate Lift, LR UCAs, BFG 285/75/16

Will try to get better pictures as the weather permits!
Attached Thumbnails
Ultimate Lift Kit Ordered-044.jpg   Ultimate Lift Kit Ordered-img_0172.jpg  
Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #20
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! little bit of rake like stock.......I like it that way