Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

All-Pro EXPO or OME DAKAR ?

View Poll Results: Dakar or All-pro EXPO?
OME Dakar leaf springs 32 50.00%
All-Pro's Expedition Leaf Springs 32 50.00%
Other please mantion 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I would highly advise against blocks if you're looking at building an expo rig. I'd hate to be out in the boonies when one of those failed.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #22
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i been running the AllPro expo springs for over a year now and they have proven to be bomb proof with only very little sag when compared to being new. i carry a ton of gear and spare parts while out on the trail. i also tow my rockcrawler quite often. the expo springs flex great on the trail while still giving a decent overall ride quality.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #23
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
Lots of the expo guys running Alcan's as well. Take a look on expedition portal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
http://www.alcanspring.com/products.htm

I'm not endorsing Alcan just giving you another option to look at.

couple other sites for expo stuff.

www.expeditionportal.com
www.ih8mud.com
I would suggest against alcans, mine started to sag after a week or so and have continued to get worse, at this point they're probably worse then my stock 11 year old springs, though less body roll axle wrap. They weren't meant for lift but were supposed to be able to handle 300lbs over factory, they can barely handle a double cab shell The owner of alcan basically said I was shit out of luck.

I've heard of good experiences, which is why I went with them, plus I didn't want any lift, But since I got mine I've read quite a few other people having the same problem.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #24
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
I would suggest against alcans, mine started to sag after a week or so and have continued to get worse, at this point they're probably worse then my stock 11 year old springs, though less body roll axle wrap. They weren't meant for lift but were supposed to be able to handle 300lbs over factory, they can barely handle a double cab shell The owner of alcan basically said I was shit out of luck.

I've heard of good experiences, which is why I went with them, plus I didn't want any lift, But since I got mine I've read quite a few other people having the same problem.
Thanks! I do want a lift, as much as possible.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i been running the AllPro expo springs for over a year now and they have proven to be bomb proof with only very little sag when compared to being new. i carry a ton of gear and spare parts while out on the trail. i also tow my rockcrawler quite often. the expo springs flex great on the trail while still giving a decent overall ride quality.

Nice truck! I see that you carry a lot of gear. That's what I wanna carry.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #26
bump
Old 09-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #27
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
heres my expos flexing out
Old 09-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
heres my expos flexing out
Didn't you had a 6" lift?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #29
This is the load that I wanna carry!
Attached Thumbnails
All-Pro EXPO or OME DAKAR ?-imag0053.jpg  
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #30
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
you already fix your truck?! that was quick
Old 09-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #31
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
Didn't you had a 6" lift?
When you saw my truck yes. It has since been rebuilt.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
you already fix your truck?! that was quick
I don't have it no more! That's not my truck.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
When you saw my truck yes. It has since been rebuilt.
why did you go lower?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't have it no more! That's not my truck.
you gots a new one?
Old 09-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #35
Quote:
you gots a new one?
Not yet. I think I'm gonna buy a 2013 model. I just need to find a good deal.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not yet. I think I'm gonna buy a 2013 model. I just need to find a good deal.
oh coolness!

I vote expo's!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #37
Quote:
oh coolness!

I vote expo's!
Thanks for the vote! I really wanna build a nice expedition truck.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #38
Quote:
why did you go lower?
Wanted a truck more capable of mobbing dez!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I'm a first gen but some of the info is still relevant

unloaded they got me 4.3" of lift

still flex nice
What's that? The ALl-pro or DAKAR?