Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

All-Pro EXPO or OME DAKAR ?

View Poll Results: Dakar or All-pro EXPO?
OME Dakar leaf springs 32 50.00%
All-Pro's Expedition Leaf Springs 32 50.00%
Other please mantion 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #81
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #82
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
im aware but there is also no advantage to having a second one either.

its such a small margin of difference. its pointless.
Yes , I get it that overloads don't flex

Now that we are past that , if they don't flex , having one , or having two makes no difference , there is no ADVANTAGE to removing one unless you want to LOWER the rear , no ?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #84
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yes , I get it that overloads don't flex

Now that we are past that , if they don't flex , having one , or having two makes no difference , there is no ADVANTAGE to removing one unless you want to LOWER the rear , no ?

true but its like maybe a half an inch. just maybe

its cosmetic more than anything.

i dont find it to be detrimental. just to look cool like my hood scoop(or bad lol perhaps time to start a "one overload vs 2 overload vs no overload spring" thread )
Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #85
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
true but its like maybe a half an inch. just maybe

its cosmetic more than anything.

i dont find it to be detrimental. just to look cool like my hood scoop(or bad lol perhaps time to start a "one overload vs 2 overload vs no overload spring" thread )
He is asking WHY YOU GUYS TOOK IT OUT if it doesn't make a difference. Why go through the trouble of removing one, were you trying to lower the rear a tiny bit or something.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #86
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
He is asking WHY YOU GUYS TOOK IT OUT if it doesn't make a difference. Why go through the trouble of removing one, were you trying to lower the rear a tiny bit or something.

well from what i remember he wanted it slightly lower i dont remember if he had other reasons.

i will say he was very happy after dumping the overload. it did make the pack itself a lot lighter lol
Old 10-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #87
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Loving my Dakars. I run a cap from Oct. to April, plus a box full of tools and recovery stuff, and I haven't noticed any sagging yet. I am going out to measure just to be sure now that I've read all this thread.

I will agree with Oz at this point, they sure hold up to hauling firewood. I've had the bed full from bottom to the top of my cap. The truck remains comfortably drivable, even at speed on the twisty roads I live on.

I haven't gone with the AAL yet, but it is being considered. Once I add a full size spare, skids and sliders, I may be wanting that extra 1/2 inch.

Good luck with your choice!

Face and a half of wet Oak, Ash and Locust.

More wet Red Oak!

Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #88
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
Wich one do you thing will be better for a expedition(like in Africa or maybe Irak if you are a marine)?
Both will be fine, expos= more lift, better for high speed trails Dakars= little less lift, amazing with loads
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #89
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
Loving my Dakars. I run a cap from Oct. to April, plus a box full of tools and recovery stuff, and I haven't noticed any sagging yet. I am going out to measure just to be sure now that I've read all this thread.

I will agree with Oz at this point, they sure hold up to hauling firewood. I've had the bed full from bottom to the top of my cap. The truck remains comfortably drivable, even at speed on the twisty roads I live on.

I haven't gone with the AAL yet, but it is being considered. Once I add a full size spare, skids and sliders, I may be wanting that extra 1/2 inch.

Good luck with your choice!

Face and a half of wet Oak, Ash and Locust.

More wet Red Oak!

Love it!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #90
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Both will be fine, expos= more lift, better for high speed trails Dakars= little less lift, amazing with loads
Thanks! I'm starting to lean towards EXPOs.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Ignore the banter, if height plus weight cap is your targer get the expos
Old 10-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #92
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #93
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you decide yet ?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #94
I think I'll go with the All-pros, but this is what I found out from ARBUSA: the standard rear Tacoma leaf pack is rated at about 2.5 inches of lift (60mm) unloaded. Adding the extra leaf increases that number to about 3 inches unloaded and I would expect about 1.5-2 with 500lbs in the bed. That pack uses an inverted overload leaf from the factory that engages the primary stage of the spring quite low which allows for maximum ride quality unloaded (which was the primary goal at the time of development). The inverted overload can be flipped to engage at a much higher ride height for heavily loaded vehicles offering additional ride height. With the overloads flipped and the extra leafs installed I would expect 2.5-3.0 inches of lift at 400-500lbs of load in the bed.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 PM   #95

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting , I didn't think about flipping the upper overload
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #96
Quote:
Interesting , I didn't think about flipping the upper overload
Right?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #97

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right?
Left ?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #98
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I'll go with the All-pros, but this is what I found out from ARBUSA: the standard rear Tacoma leaf pack is rated at about 2.5 inches of lift (60mm) unloaded. Adding the extra leaf increases that number to about 3 inches unloaded and I would expect about 1.5-2 with 500lbs in the bed. That pack uses an inverted overload leaf from the factory that engages the primary stage of the spring quite low which allows for maximum ride quality unloaded (which was the primary goal at the time of development). The inverted overload can be flipped to engage at a much higher ride height for heavily loaded vehicles offering additional ride height. With the overloads flipped and the extra leafs installed I would expect 2.5-3.0 inches of lift at 400-500lbs of load in the bed.
Hmmmm thats good info right there. I have been on the fence about getting the expos because I dont want a stink bug when I'm not loaded. I think I'm gonna be borderline for either the standards or the expos. Going with the dakars offers flexibility there so If I roll around a bit heavier than I thought and it rides low I can just flip the overload and be in the same boat as having the expos.

Nice thanks for putting that out sounds like I might be heading down the dakar route
Old 10-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #99
Quote:
Left ?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #100
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
Hmmmm thats good info right there. I have been on the fence about getting the expos because I dont want a stink bug when I'm not loaded. I think I'm gonna be borderline for either the standards or the expos. Going with the dakars offers flexibility there so If I roll around a bit heavier than I thought and it rides low I can just flip the overload and be in the same boat as having the expos.

Nice thanks for putting that out sounds like I might be heading down the dakar route