Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

All-Pro EXPO or OME DAKAR ?

View Poll Results: Dakar or All-pro EXPO?
OME Dakar leaf springs 32 50.00%
All-Pro's Expedition Leaf Springs 32 50.00%
Other please mantion 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #101
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #102
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
..I think it has to come down to, how much overlanding are you REALLY gonna do. You originally asked what a soldier would use in IRAQ...That's called a tank or HUMVEE. None of us here have the time( unless mommy and daddy are loaded and you have no job) to push a vehichle like any marine or any military personel would. I went with the dakars..( on order ) after seeing Expo overlands vids. I will never do as much overlanding as they do, and they swear by that kit. If it works for them, it's good enough for me.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #103
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, I pulled the upper overload leaf out of my Dakars...but that was to lower the ass. With the D29XL and shackle flip, I was riding way high in the ass. With the D29XL you could probably run without any overloads and be ok.

I also left the two spring brackets on the ends unbolted so the leafs could flex without a pressure point there. But then, I have more rear axle travel than most.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #104
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
..I think it has to come down to, how much overlanding are you REALLY gonna do. You originally asked what a soldier would use in IRAQ...That's called a tank or HUMVEE. None of us here have the time( unless mommy and daddy are loaded and you have no job) to push a vehichle like any marine or any military personel would. I went with the dakars..( on order ) after seeing Expo overlands vids. I will never do as much overlanding as they do, and they swear by that kit. If it works for them, it's good enough for me.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #105
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
FWIW, I pulled the upper overload leaf out of my Dakars...but that was to lower the ass. With the D29XL and shackle flip, I was riding way high in the ass. With the D29XL you could probably run without any overloads and be ok.

I also left the two spring brackets on the ends unbolted so the leafs could flex without a pressure point there. But then, I have more rear axle travel than most.

Do you remember how high you where sitting?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 PM   #106
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
This is his post in my Dakar Measurement thread

OK so, just installed yesterday.

OME Dakar with D29XL add-a-leaf. Between bed mat, hi-lift, spare tire, bed rack, gas tank skid, and rear bumper, the ass end of my truck has about a 200lb. constant load. Hence the add a leaf.

Hub to Fender:
Driver: 25.25in
Passenger: 25in

Ground to Fender (33in tire):
Driver: 41.25in
Passenger: 41in

Bear in mind, this is the day after install. They're going to settle some, but I expect a final height around 40.xx in from the ground, 24.xx in hub to fender.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post5350480
^^^^
Old 10-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #107
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Removing the overload took me down about .5", so subtract a half inch from that stuff, yeah.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #108
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking into the same setup. i'm going to be frequently carrying 2 dirt bikes and gear or towing a 23' boat or running a cap. I'm also looking into adding the reservoir billies in the rear. Do you just run the stock length on shock or do you have to get longer ones? I'm probably leaning towards the expos so when i'm loaded i'm not shooting my headlights into the eyes of other people. Any thoughts?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #109
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel30 View Post
I am looking into the same setup. i'm going to be frequently carrying 2 dirt bikes and gear or towing a 23' boat or running a cap. I'm also looking into adding the reservoir billies in the rear. Do you just run the stock length on shock or do you have to get longer ones? I'm probably leaning towards the expos so when i'm loaded i'm not shooting my headlights into the eyes of other people. Any thoughts?
You'll probably need longer ones and a taller bump stop to keep the shock from bottoming out. And possibly longer brake lines.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #110
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel30 View Post
This is something that you might need:
Fox 2.0 resis with stem tops...

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-81...5-8-shaft.html

$400 for pair, 10" travel, 15.19" to 25.19". Shortest on any brand on DSM. I might just get these...need to measure once I get my leafs in...

After reading I think that I might have to just get shock bumps to help with the uptravel...hah
Old 10-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #111
Right now is a tie. I guess any choice will do good.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #112
This is what I got:

Dakar with D29XL

future tires :

Old 01-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #113
It gave me about 4" 1/2 of lift.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #114
hcoulby is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
hcoulby's Tacoma Gallery
is this survey actually tied? wow. I am on the fence between these two options and it appears that the forum is as well.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #115
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
I gave me about 4" 1/2 of lift.
What is your rear hub to fender measurement ?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #116
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What is your rear hub to fender measurement ?
aprox RL 25"1/4 & RR 26"
Old 01-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #117

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
aprox RL 25"1/4 & RR 26"
Add your info here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/3612235-post.html
Old 01-27-2013, 02:09 PM   #118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoulby View Post
is this survey actually tied? wow. I am on the fence between these two options and it appears that the forum is as well.
I guess it depends for what you want to use your truck, brand preference and money.If I had to chose between Dakar without the D29XL and AllPro Expo, I would had gone with All Pro. In my opinion the Dakar with D29XL gave me more hight and more load capacity. I'm trying to build my self a expedition , bug out vehicle. I think if you want a MT vehicle , maybe the All Pro's will give you more flexibility and smoother ride. Just my opinion.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #119
hcoulby is on a distinguished road
Name: Barry
hcoulby's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Looking for the smooth ride as it will be my daily with 95% on road and 5% off-road. I have been researching this forum for a month now and still am not any closer to the final lift considerations. At the end of the day, it seems like it comes down to name preference as both seem great (just like the Toytec Ultimate vs OME packages).
Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #120

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoulby View Post
Thanks. Looking for the smooth ride as it will be my daily with 95% on road and 5% off-road. I have been researching this forum for a month now and still am not any closer to the final lift considerations. At the end of the day, it seems like it comes down to name preference as both seem great (just like the Toytec Ultimate vs OME packages).
The Expos will give you more lift than the Dakar pack on it's own , that is one difference