Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

All-Pro EXPO or OME DAKAR ?

View Poll Results: Dakar or All-pro EXPO?
OME Dakar leaf springs 32 50.00%
All-Pro's Expedition Leaf Springs 32 50.00%
Other please mantion 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #121
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
... Im thinking this too, my problem is if putting the extra leaf in the dakkars is worth it... I dunno 4 1/2" of lift with dakkars plus aal... dakkars stock give 3" correct?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #122
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost848 View Post
... Im thinking this too, my problem is if putting the extra leaf in the dakkars is worth it... I dunno 4 1/2" of lift with dakkars plus aal... dakkars stock give 3" correct?
I got a little over 3" on DCSB 4x4, poll is split 50/50 now too.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #123
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I got a little over 3" on DCSB 4x4, poll is split 50/50 now too.
is that dakkars with aal or stock dakkars... also everywherei go around my town I talk about aal and everyone is trying to sell me theres....some reason that seems wrong to me... I could do it myself, but I have screwed around so much with the leaf pack its time for someone else to deal with it lol. so what is the hight comparison of a dakkar pack with aal and all pro expo pack?

with the dakkar aal dont you have to do something with the center bolt like get a new one or something?
Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #124
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

with the dakkar aal dont you have to do something with the center bolt like get a new one or something?
Depends if you cut off the excess length or not when they were installed
Old 01-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #125

ah ha ok thanks OZ... I never cut my bolt so I should be ok.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #126
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ah ha ok thanks OZ... I never cut my bolt so I should be ok.
Yes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #127
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone explain the logic behind what appears to be a dual overload springs on the Dakars? It would seem this would cause them to flex less than the Expos.

Edit: I decided to be less lazy and read through a few pages, answer is already there.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #128
miacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
miacevedo's Tacoma Gallery
OR, you can go with a custom made Deaver pack that gives a higher load capacity and 3" loaded lift... I just so happen to have a set for sale too

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...f-springs.html
Old 05-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #129
v8turbo is on a distinguished road
v8turbo's Tacoma Gallery
I went Dakar & AAL.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #130
shibubba is on a distinguished road
shibubba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
I think I'll go with the All-pros, but this is what I found out from ARBUSA: the standard rear Tacoma leaf pack is rated at about 2.5 inches of lift (60mm) unloaded. Adding the extra leaf increases that number to about 3 inches unloaded and I would expect about 1.5-2 with 500lbs in the bed. That pack uses an inverted overload leaf from the factory that engages the primary stage of the spring quite low which allows for maximum ride quality unloaded (which was the primary goal at the time of development). The inverted overload can be flipped to engage at a much higher ride height for heavily loaded vehicles offering additional ride height. With the overloads flipped and the extra leafs installed I would expect 2.5-3.0 inches of lift at 400-500lbs of load in the bed.
So going wayyyy back to this post. Has anyone done this? I will have the spring pack apart to add a shim anyways. And can flip the overload at the time.

I am about to install my ome suspension, debating on the AAL because I contsantly have a 100lb bed rack and 150lb rtt.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #131
nexgen91 will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
nexgen91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
FWIW, I pulled the upper overload leaf out of my Dakars...but that was to lower the ass. With the D29XL and shackle flip, I was riding way high in the ass. With the D29XL you could probably run without any overloads and be ok.

I also left the two spring brackets on the ends unbolted so the leafs could flex without a pressure point there. But then, I have more rear axle travel than most.

What is that device near your drive shaft with AT... on it? Is that a drive shaft protection device or soemthing to stiffen up the suspension? Thanks
Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #132
Nate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNate87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
Name: Nate
Nate87's Tacoma Gallery
Seems to be ATO traction bar
https://www.armortechoffroad.com/mob...Set_p_344.html
Old 05-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #133
PreRunner
stitch is on a distinguished road

Army: ch-47 TI
Name: Erick
stitch's Tacoma Gallery
can you put an overload leaf or aal on the expos, and will that equal the load capacity to the dakars? i hear alot of talk about the dakars squeaking excessively so, has that problem been fixed? Do the expos have that same issue?

Old 05-09-2014, 08:21 AM   #134
slander will become famous soon enoughslander will become famous soon enough
slander's Tacoma Gallery
I have expo leafs on my ext cab with two of the leafs pulled out for 2 years now and they have barely sagged yet flex real nice. I have loaded the bed up pretty good and i would say they have "typical" sag for the weight (bed full of fire wood stacked up over the bedrails and wheeled my way out of where i got it from. I would not hesitate to stick the leafs back in and continue to run them if i got really crazy with loading the bed up and carrying some of the loads that the typical "expo" wheeler does. I dont see the logic behind buying a leaf pack and adding a leaf to it right off the bat when you can just buy a spring pack thats ready to go out of the box and desgined to carry heavy weight and flx with those loads.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #135
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Neither
Old 05-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #136

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slander View Post
I have expo leafs on my ext cab with two of the leafs pulled out for 2 years now and they have barely sagged yet flex real nice. I have loaded the bed up pretty good and i would say they have "typical" sag for the weight (bed full of fire wood stacked up over the bedrails and wheeled my way out of where i got it from. I would not hesitate to stick the leafs back in and continue to run them if i got really crazy with loading the bed up and carrying some of the loads that the typical "expo" wheeler does. I dont see the logic behind buying a leaf pack and adding a leaf to it right off the bat when you can just buy a spring pack thats ready to go out of the box and desgined to carry heavy weight and flx with those loads.

Its pretty much the same concept as buying a leaf pack and removing a leaf from it right off the bat , you are tailoring the spring rate and lift height to your specific needs
Old 05-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #137
slander will become famous soon enoughslander will become famous soon enough
slander's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Its pretty much the same concept as buying a leaf pack and removing a leaf from it right off the bat , you are tailoring the spring rate and lift height to your specific needs
the only reason i have expo leafs are because they were brand new and for sale stupid cheap on TTORA. If i bought them new (from allpro and paid full price) i would have went with something else as modifying something brand new out of the box seems backwards to me.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:25 AM   #138

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slander View Post
the only reason i have expo leafs are because they were brand new and for sale stupid cheap on TTORA. If i bought them new (from allpro and paid full price) i would have went with something else as modifying something brand new out of the box seems backwards to me.

It's tailoring to your specific needs , that's why Dakars have the option to remove the 3rd or conversely add a leaf
Old 05-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #139
Bee22971 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: VCMO
Name: Garth
Bee22971's Tacoma Gallery
Sub, I'm in the market. Currently I run stock with a AAL. But with a shell and recovery gear/toys gravity has taken its toll and it's time for an upgrade. Good info.