Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

All-Pro EXPO or OME DAKAR ?

View Poll Results: Dakar or All-pro EXPO?
OME Dakar leaf springs 32 50.00%
All-Pro's Expedition Leaf Springs 32 50.00%
Other please mantion 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: BIG G
george2pak's Tacoma Gallery
All-Pro EXPO or OME DAKAR ?

I have a 2006 Tacoma. I wanna make it into a Expedition tipe vehicle. I'm gonna have a rear bumper with 3 gas cans a spare tire . Wich of this two will give me more hight and less sagging ?
I'm changing the question for soldiers: If you had to take your tacoma to war ,somewhere where's no roads , for longer period of time with all the gear that you need(spare tire,gas,food, ammo, tools etc...) wich leaf pack will you choose?
ALL-Pro EXPO

or

DAKAR

Old 09-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Expo for your said needs. 4" of lift and more weight capacity in the expos.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
george2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge2pak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I wanna see if the vendor will say something. What's there opinion? In the paper Expo sounds good, but some people swears by Dakar.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You'll want to get the OME AAL , the d29xl , if you go with the Dakars
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You'll want to get the OME AAL , the d29xl , if you go with the Dakars
AAL? how is that better than the leaf springs ?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of the expo guys running Alcan's as well. Take a look on expedition portal.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george2pak View Post
He means the Dakar leaf pack plus the extra AAL they sell
Old 09-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
Lots of the expo guys running Alcan's as well. Take a look on expedition portal.
where can i find those?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
This ^^^

Dakars , plus the OME AAL for the Dakar pack
Old 09-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
I didn't know you can do that. I was thinking of adding a 1.5" block or something like that. BUt the AAL sounds better.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
Quote:
This ^^^

Dakars , plus the OME AAL for the Dakar pack
Do you know if TOYtec has that AAL?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you know if TOYtec has that AAL?
I don't see it one their site

It is called the OME d29xl
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #13
Quote:
I don't see it one their site

It is called the OME d29xl
I like the Ideea!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like the Ideea!
jandrews has that leaf set up on his truck now

Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
Quote:
jandrews has that leaf set up on his truck now

Do you know How muck lift will give over stock?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
This is his post in my Dakar Measurement thread

OK so, just installed yesterday.

OME Dakar with D29XL add-a-leaf. Between bed mat, hi-lift, spare tire, bed rack, gas tank skid, and rear bumper, the ass end of my truck has about a 200lb. constant load. Hence the add a leaf.

Hub to Fender:
Driver: 25.25in
Passenger: 25in

Ground to Fender (33in tire):
Driver: 41.25in
Passenger: 41in

Bear in mind, this is the day after install. They're going to settle some, but I expect a final height around 40.xx in from the ground, 24.xx in hub to fender.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post5350480
Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where can i find those?
http://www.alcanspring.com/products.htm

I'm not endorsing Alcan just giving you another option to look at.

couple other sites for expo stuff.

www.expeditionportal.com
www.ih8mud.com
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
Quote:
This is his post in my Dakar Measurement thread

OK so, just installed yesterday.

OME Dakar with D29XL add-a-leaf. Between bed mat, hi-lift, spare tire, bed rack, gas tank skid, and rear bumper, the ass end of my truck has about a 200lb. constant load. Hence the add a leaf.

Hub to Fender:
Driver: 25.25in
Passenger: 25in

Ground to Fender (33in tire):
Driver: 41.25in
Passenger: 41in

Bear in mind, this is the day after install. They're going to settle some, but I expect a final height around 40.xx in from the ground, 24.xx in hub to fender.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post5350480
Sounds pretty good! Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
http://www.alcanspring.com/products.htm

I'm not endorsing Alcan just giving you another option to look at.

couple other sites for expo stuff.

www.expeditionportal.com
www.ih8mud.com
Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #20
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Expos. You've seen my truck with expos in the rear.