Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

most lift without replacing uca's?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
h22dx will become famous soon enoughh22dx will become famous soon enough
h22dx's Tacoma Gallery
most lift without replacing uca's?

i would like to go with the ome setup but i dont want to get into replacing uca's and all that. i just want to fit 32's so what setup would you recommend? thanks a lot!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22dx View Post
i would like to go with the ome setup but i dont want to get into replacing uca's and all that. i just want to fit 32's so what setup would you recommend? thanks a lot!
You can fit 32's without a lift. 265/70R17

Max I'd go without UCA's is around 2" but some have had luck lifting the truck to 2.5" with stock UCA's.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
No need to lift at all to fit 265/75 r16 - that's a 32" tire,...
^^this.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, as Homer said that will fit. Although if you're under 3" of lift you should be fine without new UCA's. At 3" it's hit or miss. Some need them to get within factor alignment, some don't. I just went ahead and bought them right off the bat with my 3" lift so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. I'd recommend them regardless with 3" but what do I know.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
You can fit 32's without a lift. 265/70R17

Max I'd go without UCA's is around 2" but some have had luck lifting the truck to 2.5" with stock UCA's.
^^^and this
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #8
h22dx's Tacoma Gallery
yea but i wouldnt want them all stuffed in there. i would want some flexing room. or is there enough?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #9
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Yea, as Homer said that will fit. Although if you're under 3" of lift you should be fine without new UCA's. At 3" it's hit or miss. Some need them to get within factor alignment, some don't. I just went ahead and bought them right off the bat with my 3" lift so I wouldn't have to worry about it later. I'd recommend them regardless with 3" but what do I know.
at 2.5" of lift my alignment was barely in spec, and the truck drifted like a ship without a rudder when at highway speeds
Old 11-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #10
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
at 2.5" of lift my alignment was barely in spec, and the truck drifted like a ship without a rudder when at highway speeds
X2
Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea but i wouldnt want them all stuffed in there. i would want some flexing room. or is there enough?
You'd have room. Depends what tire you get too since some run a little bigger. I have Duratracs and they were fine before I had a lift. But regardless of tire they're not going to be stuffed in there.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Bush Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
I have heard this before too... Did not have this issue myself though...
.... and here we are back at the same old 2.5" crossroads.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #15
h22dx's Tacoma Gallery
i apologize if this is a common topic. i come from jeeps and just got my tacoma. i love it!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Taco View Post
I'm under 2" and was barely in spec with my alignment. No wandering though
Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
Bush Pusher

Quote:
i apologize if this is a common topic. i come from jeeps and just got my tacoma. i love it!
no need to apologize. It comes up now and again for good reason..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I'm under 2" and was barely in spec with my alignment. No wandering though
yep, I got a little greedy and ended up payin for it...but thems SPC's are a little prettier...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #18
h22dx's Tacoma Gallery
so how can i lift it about 2 inches and have it level without blowing the bank? its my dd and drive a lot of highway.