Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

using toyec aal w bilstein?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Rincontaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Rincontaco's Tacoma Gallery
using toyec aal w bilstein?

Hey guys, before i hit the pay button at toytec i wanted to double check that this is the setup i need. I've purchased the bilstein 5100's for the front and want to set them at 1.75. The stock config i have has me at a difference of 1.25 lower in front than rear (stock) So if i add this " 1 1/2" Lift rear add-a-leaf for Tacoma with rear TSB springs" which i do not have tsb as my off road is 3 pack and thats all they will replace. My question is this toytec setup does state that works for non tsb also but will it be lower than 1 1/2 inches rear lift ? And is this a set up with a fairly limited budget that you would reccomend. Also, im ok if it is less than 1.5 inch rear lift as i like a less raked front end. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
You're asking if your toytec tsb aal will work with the blisten 5100s you bought? Yep, they're good for 0-2'' of lift in the rear, so you're good to go

Edit: just reread it. So you're keeping the rear with stock shocks and an aal? You may want extended shocks or to purchase some shock extenders so you don't damage your stock ones.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
You're asking if your toytec tsb aal will work with the blisten 5100s you bought? Yep, they're good for 0-2'' of lift in the rear, so you're good to go

Edit: just reread it. So you're keeping the rear with stock shocks and an aal? You may want extended shocks or to purchase some shock extenders so you don't damage your stock ones.
DON'T purchase shock extenders.

Toytec stoner told me they'd be fine. I'm pretty sure the first rock I rolled off of , my shocks bottomed out and blew up.

In hindsight, it's pretty obvious that if you just extend the rod you make them bottom out sooner.

Stock shocks might limit droop, but I'd bet that half the axle suspended from a fully extended shock is much less likely to destroy the shock than the trucks entire weight slamming the rod into the bottom of the shock.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
no... I have not had a tsb done on my truck. its a off road 2013 and they only come in a 3 pack and they will only replace a 3 pack. I have one set of front bilstein 5100's. I want to level the truck and get at least the 1.75 lift.
If i add the aal with toytec it is advertised to give a 1.5 inch rear lift but the model says with tsb. it also says works without tsb. I just dont want to add 1.5 in the back giving me a total of 2 3/4 back minus 1.75 front lift from billys leaving me fairly raked again. Does the toytec aal settle in or is it guaranteed 1.5 rear lift even without the tsb which i wont ever do. I know i can call them Monday just was hoping someone knew..sorry for the confusion.

Also with the progressive springs on the off road model do you think it will be super stiff adding the bilsteins? I am super motivated or salivated to put these on but not wanting to pay to do it twice..as i get older trying to measure twice and cut once..
Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I see what you're asking now. I'd give toytec a call. I'm not sure how much lift you'll get using the tsb aal with a non-tsb leaf pack vs the tsb leaf pack. The tsb aal usually gives less lift than the non-tsb because it's compensating for the lift you'd already have with the 4 leaf pack. As far as the springs, it'll be a touch stiffer but not bad by any means. Many people prefer the ride over stock.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
Oh I see what you're asking now. I'd give toytec a call. I'm not sure how much lift you'll get using the tsb aal with a non-tsb leaf pack vs the tsb leaf pack. The tsb aal usually gives less lift than the non-tsb because it's compensating for the lift you'd already have with the 4 leaf pack. As far as the springs, it'll be a touch stiffer but not bad by any means. Many people prefer the ride over stock.
Thanks! I will call them Monday. Im hoping since they sell the heck out of these things they can guide me in the right direction.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
Taco trd is on a distinguished road

Name: Shannon
Taco trd's Tacoma Gallery
What is a tsb?
Old 11-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
steve2267 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
steve2267's Tacoma Gallery
I believe TSB is short for Toyota Service Bulletin

Took me some searching to figure that out. Hope I'm right, but I'm pretty sure. I deduced that from Leaf Spring TSB for 2013 Tacoma.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of light

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
i have the toytec AAL (& non tsb leaf springs), had to set my 5100s at 2.5 AND use a 1/2" spacer to get it level
Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #10
MARANATHA !!!
TheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheGrayRider's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100s with the front set at 1.75" with the 1/4" toytec spacer on top

That gives me a total of 2.25" of lift in the front

Toytec AALs on the rear axle and since I have a Leer shell

I have 1.5" of lift for the rear

It's almost stock looking rake and no alignment issues

Rides great