Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Question on the OME suspension lift..

Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienoma View Post
ah okay..do you guys know if the kit can just be installed without altering and thing or would i have to extend my brake lines and move my sway bar?

Thanks
Stock brake lines are fine, and you shouldnt need to do anything with the sway bar.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #22
Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.
Neubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shedNeubs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neubs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Stock brake lines are fine, and you shouldnt need to do anything with the sway bar.
Yes, +1. You will not have to move the sway bar with the OME kit but will have to with the 5100 coil overs because the lower sleeve will hit the sway bar. This is why the 5100 kits come with sway bar relocation brackets. Oh the OME kit is front adjustable with a trim packer.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

One of these is included in the OME kit.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #23
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
Yes, +1. You will not have to move the sway bar with the OME kit but will have to with the 5100 coil overs because the lower sleeve will hit the sway bar. This is why the 5100 kits come with sway bar relocation brackets. Oh the OME kit is front adjustable with a trim packer.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

One of these is included in the OME kit.
lol i'm sorry for asking so many questions but whats the front adjustable trim package?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #24
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fienoma View Post
lol i'm sorry for asking so many questions but whats the front adjustable trim package?
Its a "Trim Packer". It adds a bit of preload to the driver side spring to account for the extra weight from the fuel tank, battery, driver, etc.,
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #26
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Are UCA's necessary for a 3'' lift?

I'm pretty sure that with Billy's set at 2.5 that UCA's wouldn't be necessary, am I correct?

Sorry,
Old 07-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #28
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neubs View Post
UCAs are strongly recommended to help obtain a good alignment. They also increase strength and articulation. You can use stock UCAs with a 3" lift but as a result you will have less than optimal caster and the truck will want to wander.
Thanks for the reply, Nuebs. Would there be any decent UCA's for under $500? I have seen the TC UCA's and they're a bit expensive. Could you recommend me some decent one's for a good price? Thanks again.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #30

To add, Camburg has an UCA that uses Ball joints as opposed to Uniballs, and I belive it is under $400.00.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
one more question lol..sorry but is the optional top plate spacer needed to get a full 3" lift?
Old 07-22-2009, 03:57 PM   #33
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
where does the trim packer go?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
where does the trim packer go?
Under the spring pearch on the driver side shock.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #35
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Under the spring pearch on the driver side shock.
spring perch = lip on strut that holds the lower plate?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #36

Quote:
spring perch = lip on strut that holds the lower plate?
The spring pearch is the black "Cup" in which the spring resides. So....You have the shock, and the shock has the "lip" that holds the pearch. The Trim Packer goes inbetween the "lip" and the "Pearch".
Old 07-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #37
College.

gotcha, thats what i thought...your the man chris, if i could mail you a beer from the bar i would
Old 07-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #38

Quote:
gotcha, thats what i thought...your the man chris, if i could mail you a beer from the bar i would
I got one in the fridge. I'll throw a stamp on it, and pop the top.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #39
cdnbanker is on a distinguished road
cdnbanker's Tacoma Gallery
can you add both the trim packer adn the spacer?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnbanker View Post
can you add both the trim packer adn the spacer?
By "Spacer" you mean the 10 mm lift enhancer?