Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Tell me about Austin

Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #1
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Tell me about Austin

If things pan out....Looks like I'll be going to Austin the week of Aug 8.

Where's the good places to eat and drink??

I've only passed through Austin......never been there for any length of time.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
isnt 7th street where all the bars and stuff are at?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #4
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
one street over, 6th street.... but im sure 7th street isn't a dead beat street. just walk the street and you're sure to find something
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Spitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpitz Stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Spitz Stang's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to check out the Oasis Restaurant (see link). It gets crowded, but the views are worth the wait!

http://www.oasis-austin.com/
Old 07-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Dans Burgers in Buda is a great burger place. Its near Cabelas infront of the Wal Mart. Thats south of Austin in case you go that way.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
august? get ready for a wet heat. i went on vacation there..met a girl..and stayed for a year. i drove a jeep CJ7 and she drove a VW cab..neither had AC..it was ugly.

hyde park bar and grill had a great chicken fried steak.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
carlsbad, NM?

my wife and i are contemplating getting the eff out of california, and moving to austin.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
carlsbad, NM?

my wife and i are contemplating getting the eff out of california, and moving to austin.
Yup NM.....as close to hell as you can get without really being there.

I have friends in San Antonio and my uncle used to live in Austin. He said it was a great town.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #10
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Rapollo's Pizzeria!

I honestly have no idea if Rapollo's Pizzeria is any good. I just remember seeing it one night when I was blitzed in Austin.

Also -- DO NOT walk around downtown Austin pretending you are Australian if you are too drunk to pull off the accent.

DO draw a curly bad-guy mustache on your finger and hold it under your nose when you want to look shady. The ladies love this.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
Yup NM.....as close to hell as you can get without really being there.

I have friends in San Antonio and my uncle used to live in Austin. He said it was a great town.
i've been to carlsbad..i was in high school. i grew up in el paso. used to go to the caverns all the time.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #12
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
OMG my Uncle took me to The Oasis at Lake Travis! That place is amazing they all bang pots and pans when the sun goes down I would also suggest Salt Lick BBQ I think its 15-20 mins away in a town called Driftwood... There is always Whataburger near the Capitol or Chick - A - Filet one of my favorites! The best Lemonade I've ever had. Anyways have fun and get pics.

- Richard