Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Jake Did Fiji. (Pics!!!)

Old 07-29-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Jake Did Fiji. (Pics!!!)

Ni Sa Bula TW!

so i just landed in LAX this afternoon coming home from Fiji. first let me say two things, this is a toyota fans/wheelers paradise...turbo diesel hilux's everywhere....

for real though. The trip was amazing. i could easily spend a year there or something or live there for a while. (i didnt want to leave).
The people are absolutely the nicest group of people i have ever met/seen. There is endless amount of things to do there (especially if you surf )

Anyways....
we flew out of LAX at 11:00pm after a quick 10 hour flight we land in Nadi, Fiji 5:00am (fiji time).
you know what ill just let the pictures do the rest......enjoy!
Nadi at 6am

our island hopper we took to vatulele

me sitting up front in the plane

leaving Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji

the island we were staying on the majority of the trip

flying over the jungle on vatulele

the random grass strip we landed on

the bad ass land rover defender we took to the resort

on the trail to get there

our welcoming party (oh by the way. the resort we stayed never has more than 28 guests, you have to be over 13 years old to go and theres 140ish staff waiting on you hand and foot)

our view right in front of our bure

we went into the village and here are those pics

Kava bowl....incase anyone was wondering....kava tastes like muddy water and looks like muddy water

the village kids were going nuts over my camera....i took over 800 photos of just village kids

the kids cheering on their villages rugby team

the front of our bure

Akuila making a carrying bag for coconuts out of a palm frawn

from left to right: Akuila, my dad, my brother, yours truly, Davey, and wonga. (never have i been anywhere, where i knew almost the whole staff by first name.....)

yep

the vatulele logo...said to have been there over 3000 years...

uploading more.....
Old 07-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Im jealous. Great pics
Old 07-29-2010, 08:01 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
moooore

sunset

my rainbows

sunrise

their village

vatulele international airport

Bula!!! (bula is sorta like aloha, but in general it means good, and when you say it you say it from your heart...almost yelling it hahaha....but yeah its like their greeting.)

paradise

kayak

me stand up paddling

more coming
Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeah man, looks amazing
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #10
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Ok.....here come the fun ones....(well fun for me at least...)

Cloudbreak...for all you surfers out there, Cloudbreak is a house hold name...
for those of you non surfers....Cloudbreak is a surfspot off of the island Tavarua.
it is in the top 5 best breaks in the world....so surfing there was absolutely surreal.

ANyways....Cloudbreak was closed off to the public (even the Fijian locals) to surf for 30 years... the only way you could surf it is if you stayed on tavarua island...which is very very pricey.......well one month ago they opened it up to the public..... so none the less we took advantage of that once in a lifetime chance to surf there and let me tell you......life changing... the photos came out amazing.

and FYI these waves were easily 13ft tall...and in the water....that looks like a skyscraper and when it breaks it sounds like a bomb

a guy "going over the falls" he hit the reef and cut up his leg pretty good

Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #11
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
uploading the last 25
Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
amazing shots jake damn
Old 07-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #13
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Bob!!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Moar!

went kayaking

Red Prawns...the only place in the entire world you will see them alive

toyota everywhere

our going away party

a tapa cloth i made lol

its hard haha heres a good one, one of the villagers made our family

Gaby making the tapa cloth

thats all!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #15
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics! hahah
Old 07-30-2010, 12:51 AM   #17
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:58 AM   #18
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
Jake...do you know how jealous i am?! hahah...

hit me up with the info on this place...i may want to do my honeymoon here...haha
Old 07-30-2010, 01:15 AM   #19
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Pm'd!