Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

my weekend's sleeping arrangment

Old 08-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
my weekend's sleeping arrangment

Went to sunset beach near Santa Cruz for the weekend, and got to use my bed tend for the first time.

ohh ya and... long bed ftw.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
tent:
http://www.rightlinegear.com/trucktents.html

air mattress:
http://www.truckbedz.com/default.tpl?pageID=1&page=full&cart=12825289121480 5739&id1=36&id2=[id2]&id3=[id3]&--eqskudatarq=14%20%20FLB
Old 08-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I think its pretty cool , Pic 4 kinda freaked me out at first glance it looked like you'd be sticking your head out of (or in??) someones asshole, But really pretty smart design for the space available, I like it !!

& I know its the boot from back sliding window
Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie View Post

Is this for air or something? I would think if it rained water would get in the truck or is there a seal what is the reason for this?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #5
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Is this for air or something? I would think if it rained water would get in the truck or is there a seal what is the reason for this?

Looks like the boot from tent to back seat
Old 08-24-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
WANT.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

Name: Nick
ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ninorth Send a message via Yahoo to ninorth
here is my truck tent:

Old 08-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #8
Tojo is on a distinguished road

Tojo's Tacoma Gallery
nice setup! sure beats haulin a trailer around....
Old 08-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Its just so you can have some access to the cab while in the tent. If i needed to i could just slide the window closed, and sinch the hole to the tent back up.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its just so you can have some access to the cab while in the tent. If i needed to i could just slide the window closed, and sinch the hole to the tent back up.

O ok right on i guess thats cool if you wanted to leave your gun or something!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #12
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Looks like the boot from tent to back seat
I wanna see you crawl through that access boot talk about a tight squeeze.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #13
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
I wanna see you crawl through that access boot talk about a tight squeeze.
You could probably rig it up to your AC if you wanted to run all night.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninorth View Post
here is my truck tent:

Is this just a regular tent you put in the bed or is it made for the bed? Where did you get it?
Old 08-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #15
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I guess I'm used to tents on the ground...why sleep in the bed of the truck?
Yeah, I am not completely sold on the idea either. It's great to get up off the ground, but what if you want to do some trail driving, or just leave the tent behind to go somewhere. You would then have to pack it all up again.

For the people who have them, what do you do in those situations?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #16
T-REX
ninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to beholdninorth is a splendid one to behold

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Is this just a regular tent you put in the bed or is it made for the bed? Where did you get it?
It is made for trucks. Not really this truck! It is about 2 inches too long, but I got it for really cheap at wally world. I like how it has the plastic bottom so if my truck bed is dirty, I don't get dirty.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninorth View Post
It is made for trucks. Not really this truck! It is about 2 inches too long, but I got it for really cheap at wally world. I like how it has the plastic bottom so if my truck bed is dirty, I don't get dirty.
the bottom is pretty nice. Mine is pretty much only a cap that goes on top, so your just sleeping in the bed itself.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #18
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilg View Post
Yeah, I am not completely sold on the idea either. It's great to get up off the ground, but what if you want to do some trail driving, or just leave the tent behind to go somewhere. You would then have to pack it all up again.

For the people who have them, what do you do in those situations?
I can set up the tent, air up the mattress, put everything out in less then 20 mins. It takes the same amount of time putting everything away. I would not leave anything if I left anyways cuz I would think someone would take it.. LOL Oh and if there is some big animal around all you to is hit your panic button on your key change and it scares them off!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #19
T-REX

ninorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the bottom is pretty nice. Mine is pretty much only a cap that goes on top, so your just sleeping in the bed itself.
I have a truckbedz air mattress to sleep on..
Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #20
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
same here