Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Need Denver area travel tips

Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: IS2(AW) @ NAS JAX
USNROBERTS's Tacoma Gallery
Need Denver area travel tips

Hey guys and gals. Im headed to Denver next weekend and need some help. Im sure there are some local Colorado peeps on here that could help me. Im taking my girlfriend and want it to be special. Getting there friday night and staying through the weekend leaving monday. Here are a few topics i am having trouble with.
1.I dont know if i should stay in a bed in breakfast or in nice hotel. Anyone who has experiences with this or can direct me please help!
2.Also any tours or specific sights to see please weigh in.
3. Local places to eat.
Thanks for the help in advance!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
lower management
trtripoli is on a distinguished road

trtripoli's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to trtripoli
Are you staying in Denver, or you going into the mountains. I'm not sure there are too many bed and breakfasts around Denver area. Depending on if you want to stay in Denver or if you want to go into the mountains, there are different things to see or do. Give me a few more details and I'll try to help a bit more.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
gold mine tours, brewery tours, off road trip in the mountains, all sorts of historical tours (buildings, trains, mining, etc...), famous daves bbq. or if you go to many of the small town main streets, you can find good places to eat. for example, main street in louisville has some good restaurants.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
USNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSNROBERTS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I am flying into Denver and wanted to stay within an hour or so of it. I do want to see pikes peak and have a brother in Colorado springs so I was hoping to get that direction. I am just over whelmed with all the things to do there.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #5

famous daves bbq sounds like its going on the list.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
lower management

I love pikes peak. It's going to be really cold up there, so bring warm clothing, but it's the easiest way to summit a 14er. Colorado Springs is probably 1.5 to 2 hours from the airport. Famous Daves is good, but I didn't think it was a local place. I like going downtown Denver, 16th Street Mall, area. Best night life and has plenty of upscale dining options.

I'd try to make it over to Red Rocks area for some good hiking close to Denver if you don't go to Pikes peak. Other option is Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National park. It's mating season for the Elk, so there is alot of oppurtunities to see Elk out in the open up there. Plus it doesn't get too much more local than Estes Park (roughly 1.5 hrs from Denver).
Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
October fest is going on right now ill be there after the Rockies game tonight. I would go to the cherry cricket and get a burger they are the best.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
lower management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
October fest is going on right now ill be there after the Rockies game tonight. I would go to the cherry cricket and get a burger they are the best.
+1 on the cherry cricket
Old 09-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNROBERTS View Post
famous daves bbq sounds like its going on the list.
ya.. their brisket and baby back ribs are really good.

if you are staying in colorado springs, you are close to the gold belt tour road near canon city. its a super easy off road trip, but its really pretty. there is also a dinosaur museum out there and red canyon park to hike around.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...lots-pics.html
Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
If your going to go to the springs skip going to famous daves and go to rudys bbq off cimmarron and I-25. Famous daves is good but rudys blows them out of the water hands down.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #11

Yeah I thinK famous daves is a chain anyway. But BBQ on the list! As far as places to stay, can anyone think of anything with a view? I was trying to stay around or under 100 a night.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #12

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
what type do you want to stay in nice, chain, luxury? This is right down town but about $40 more than you wanted. http://www.theoxfordhotel.com/

If you chose to stay there JAX is right around the corner and there happy hour is the shit from 4-6.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #13
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you hit up a brewery. There are a lot to choose from and they even have a Breckenridge Brewery next to Coor's field.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #14

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toytacoma22 View Post
Make sure you hit up a brewery. There are a lot to choose from and they even have a Breckenridge Brewery next to Coor's field.
Tons Chop house, paramount Cafe. Both of those have there own beers as well. Get out to boulder and try the boulder beers.

I will be meeting with Mike (a TW member) for his bday in the Tech center area before I go to October fest PM one of us if you want to meet up.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #15

Someone mentioned Indian caves to me today. Can anyone explain or link?
Old 09-24-2010, 01:50 PM   #16

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did they say what area? There are several some in mesa verde, manatiu springs, and the Buena vista area.

The most popular very nice area of CO.
http://www.visitmesaverde.com/
Old 09-24-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Stay at The Curtis. That's my girl and I's favorite hotel.

http://www.thecurtis.com/
Old 09-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #18
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

the cliff dwellings are in manitou springs, just outside of colorado springs

http://www.cliffdwellingsmuseum.com/