LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Alaska cruise

Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
dexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Security Forces
dexdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Alaska cruise

My wife and I booked a cruise to Alaska next year. Anyone out there ever been and have any tips?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
~AK49~
AlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlaskaTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
AlaskaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Where in Alaska are you going on this cruise?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I heard its beautiful up there. Something I want to do eventually.

I'd love to see the iceburgs, the whales, and maybe even all the fishing boats we're always seeing on TV (Deadliest Catch).

We want lots of pictures when you come back!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to dock in Seward I'm assuming you have the option to do the AK railroad trip to Denali. Don't pass that up! Take some time to go fishing, salmon or halibut. Don't worry about getting your catch home, lots of places to take care of that and many will freeze and hold your catch until you are on your way home. Also, if you're in Seward check out Exit glacier just north of town. Very pretty area and you get to walk on the glacier. Dogsled rides courtesy of the Seavey family can be interesting too.

And the #1 must see, must do in AK...no matter the cost...FLY!!! That's the best way to see Alaska. Catch a flightseeing tour and get a bird's eye view of the place. Trust me, it will be money well spent.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
dexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud ofdexdawg has much to be proud of

dexdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaTacoma View Post
Where in Alaska are you going on this cruise?
From Vancouver up to Whittier (Anchorage)
Old 10-01-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
Ammo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: AMMO
Ammo guy's Tacoma Gallery
How much time do you have in whittier....dont mean to burst your bubble but its about 40min from anchorage
Old 10-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #7

dexdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo guy View Post
How much time do you have in whittier....dont mean to burst your bubble but its about 40min from anchorage
not long. The cruise ends there and they take us on a train ride to Anchorage.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
your going to love the trip, the inside passage you will travel is beautiful, especially if the weather is nice. The train ride is nothing special but awesome if the weather is nice. I used to work on a boat and traveled the passage about 14 times both directions, you will see alot of wild life re: whales etc.....the best part should be the glaciers you will see.......without knowing how much time you have here and what time of the year it will be easier to suggest things.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
rsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Radar Platoon SGT
Name: Rick
rsincavage85's Tacoma Gallery
Been to Fairbanks 2 years ago, if your an outdoors person you will love it. I am going back in January, maybe sooner. Depends when my job send me there. Haver a great trip. My buddy did that for his honeymoon, they did some kind of jeep off road thing in Denalli. They loved the trip.