Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

York Me, Long Sands, Anchorage Inn

Old 10-07-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up York Me, Long Sands, Anchorage Inn

Spent a long weekend at the Anchorage Inn in York, Me.
An oceanfront room was only $136 & included a full course dinner for two with no restrictions (Fresh lobster & Tenderloin ).
The Restaurant is on the ocean too.
It was awesome!
Travelled up to Kennebunkport & saw Pres Bush's oceanfront house & all the secret service
Neddick Lighthouse, Kittery Trading Post, Marginal Way all the free touristee places & no crowds due to the off season.
I will post some pics later.
The resort itself has been a fixture on Long Sands since 1963 & is owned by the Ramsey family. Definitely they do a great job with the food (all fresh) & the rooms were clean, comfy, with all the amenties. They have some upscale suites too but my plan was to keep the cost down & I was with my Mom.
I don't know what they charge in season but a nice getaway with the ocean right there. It was really nice.
If someone is looking for a inexpensive weekend excursion on the Maine Coast this is it.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
Wow small world, ( but I wouldn't want to paint it) I was in Scarborough, ME this past weekend. Was up there with some guy from the bike forum I'm on. Did some site seeing around Sabago Lake.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Sounds like a great time! for pics.
Thanks Matt Here are a few of the pics. President Bush's place was one of my favorite stops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danosabre View Post
Wow small world, ( but I wouldn't want to paint it) I was in Scarborough, ME this past weekend. Was up there with some guy from the bike forum I'm on. Did some site seeing around Sabago Lake.
Yes Maine is one of my favorite places to Road Trip. How far of a drive is it for you? Mine is about 4 hrs to the ocean.

Pics
President George Bush's Kennebunkport home

The former Commander in Chief even sports a wind turbine!

Cape Neddick Nubble Lighthouse

Views from the rocky shores along Marginal Way & Perkins Cove

Lobster Pound in York, great restaurant in front of this place

View my room at the Anchorage ... tacoma & Long Sands, York Maine
Old 10-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
What happens if you only live 20 minutes from that view???

Simons Mom, you are right on with the "views"....and with off-season here,long quiet walks help recharge the "mind" after any long week....

If you can fit a longer trip to "DownEast Maine",try to get up around the Brunswick/Bath area and "walk" Popham Beach and visit the "Fort".......with the "NEW" Cabellas as a 1/2 way stop (Plus a 4 ****BBQ restaurant in the same complex..)

Your escapes to Maine are like mine to Vermont.....R&R plus quiet time.....Quechee 2-3 times a year , Class 4 roads along the "River" make for GREAT SNOW wheeling..plus EXCELLENT sno-shoeing

Sometimes we New Englanders FORGET how spoiled mother nature has made us ....."Day trips" can include mountains, oceans,lakes or BIG Cities.......
Old 10-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Great picturs Judy! Downeast Maine is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. Very crowded in the summer, but great after labor day.