Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Disneyland tips?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
hey...I can change this!
kbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Disneyland tips?

Taking the family to Dland in a couple weeks (never been), looking for a few tips on what to do, what to avoid, renting a car or not, saving a few bucks (if possible)
Old 10-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I went on a Monday recently and it was slow but they don't run Fantasmic during the week. If you want to see "The World of Color" show at the California Adventure side then be there when it opens to get tickets. Renting a car really depends on how close to the park you will be.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbp68 View Post
Taking the family to Dland in a couple weeks (never been), looking for a few tips on what to do, what to avoid, renting a car or not, saving a few bucks (if possible)
when are you going? My dad and little siblings and i will be there the last week of this month.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
Ahaszard is on a distinguished road
Army: MSG Retired
Ahaszard's Tacoma Gallery
Rental cars are very cheap in FL. You can sometimes get them for about $30. a day.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Try to get Fast Passes for the rides that usually have long lines like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc. Not all rides have Fast Passes. These are free, but they require you to use your tickets as a sort of card to swipe in order to receive them. Like mentioned above, if you are also going to California Adventure, be sure to get the tickets for World of Color ASAP for a good seat. Most importantly, have fun!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahaszard View Post
Rental cars are very cheap in FL. You can sometimes get them for about $30. a day.
disneyland is in cali
Old 10-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
I'm crackin eggs of wisdom
Shiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shedShiftin2Sixth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Curt (krt)
Shiftin2Sixth's Tacoma Gallery
If your going before Christmas the Haunted Mansion is done up with The Nightmare Before Christmas. Thats pretty cool. Also Soarin' over California at California Adventure is neat. Fast Passes are a must for Space Mountain and Indy.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
hey...I can change this!
kbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbp68 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I went on a Monday recently and it was slow but they don't run Fantasmic during the week. If you want to see "The World of Color" show at the California Adventure side then be there when it opens to get tickets. Renting a car really depends on how close to the park you will be.

We are staying across the street from the main entrance. We would like to take a day to just sightsee which I planned on doing by shuttle but by the time we pay for that and a couple cab rides ($60 from JW airport 1 way!) it might be worth it to just rent a car.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
shrekdaogre is on a distinguished road

shrekdaogre's Tacoma Gallery
everytime I go, I try and avoid the weekends. weekdays way less crowded, so you get on the rides way faster. Only downfall, on weekdays they close earlier.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #10
Member Extraordinaire
cinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
cinch's Tacoma Gallery
Eat lunch at the Blue Bayou resteraunt. Best place to eat in DL. You need to make reservations in the morning for lunch, you won't be able to just walk in.

My favorite things to do are the Pirates of the Carribean ride and the Haunted Mansion.

There are two sides to Disneyland, Disneyland itself and the California Adventure park. And they each cost a ton to get into. The best way to save money is to get a package deal from one of the Hotels that includes 3 or 4 day passes to both parks.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
just came back in sept. get the meal plan.its way cheaper. we stayed at the wilderness lodge cabins. they meal plan was free. buses are free to take anywhere in disney
Old 10-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #12
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
Try to get Fast Passes for the rides that usually have long lines like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc. Not all rides have Fast Passes.
If you go early in the morning keep an eye out for employees giving them away for free throughout the park. Last time I was there we came across a lady who had a whole bunch of them. Scored eight for my family and I.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #13
OB.BAJA is on a distinguished road

Name: Obed
OB.BAJA's Tacoma Gallery
Did you buy the tickets yet? you can get really cheap tickets on craigslist which will save you a couple of dollars. the tickets are legit you just have to pick them up at a hotel and return them by the end of the night.

here is one link: i thinks its like $55 for both parks

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tix/2006302829.html
Old 10-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
disturbedhapa is on a distinguished road
disturbedhapa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Try to get Fast Passes for the rides that usually have long lines like Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, etc. Not all rides have Fast Passes. These are free, but they require you to use your tickets as a sort of card to swipe in order to receive them. Like mentioned above, if you are also going to California Adventure, be sure to get the tickets for World of Color ASAP for a good seat. Most importantly, have fun!
X2. And you might want to bring some of those plastic ponchos for the kids if you're going to the World of Color. It's a water show and chances are you'll probably get wet if you're standing in a good spot. Also, the Toy Story ride in California Adventure and Buzz Lightyear Blaster ride in Disneyland should be fun for the whole family. Hope you and your family have fun!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #15
Keyser Soze
WATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
WATRD's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a kid, but I have been a season pass holder at Disney World for the past few years.

Start here: http://allears.net/dlr/dlresort.htm
Old 10-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #16
hey...I can change this!

kbp68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OB.BAJA View Post
Did you buy the tickets yet? you can get really cheap tickets on craigslist which will save you a couple of dollars. the tickets are legit you just have to pick them up at a hotel and return them by the end of the night.

here is one link: i thinks its like $55 for both parks

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/tix/2006302829.html

Is this legit? You always hear the stories of people getting ripped off. How does it work? Are they just unused passes?

By the way we decided to rent a car. $160 for the week. Shuttle from the AP. I really wanted to see a major league game but the Angels & Dodgers are both out. Might go to a Ducks game though!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #17
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AGREED
Old 10-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #18
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Get the park hopper passes so you can easily go between Disneyland and California Adventure. When I was young the characters used to just walk around the park and you could run up to them and get pictures and what not, now the characters have their own designated spots where you have to wait in line to see them so be sure to get a map of their spots if your kids are young enough. Splash Mountain is my personal favorite ride but they are all great (I still enjoy the little kid rides ) Be sure to watch Fantasmic, that is my faaavorite thing in disneyland!!

Have Fun!