Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Roadtrip from New Hampshire to New Mexico

Old 01-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Roadtrip from New Hampshire to New Mexico

Hey all! I'm making a road trip across the US to New Mexico. Any suggestion on the route or stuff to bring? I'm towing a trailer on the trip.

Attached Thumbnails
Roadtrip from New Hampshire to New Mexico-roadtrip.jpg  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I suggest a new camera if your current one is taking pictures like the one above, lol. Its always nice to document your trip with pictures.
Are you pressed for time on this trip? If not, it looks like you could alter it a little to hit some fun spots.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
wow. that is a long haul.

how heavy will the trailer be? you have satelite radio? on a trip like that, even that gets boring. good luck, have fun.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Do as much pre-plan as you can.....price gas through the "net" because you will see GREAT differences state by state....

Hit up one chain of motels and plan on 3-4 different locations per night;this is for those good/bad days.....300 miles in 14-16 hours or 800 miles in 16-18 hours....

Towing a trailer is a whole NEW ball game but it can be done..JUST PLAN AHEAD...towed my Dads Grady White from West Bath, Maine to Ft.Myers,Florida in 3 days with a Honda Pilot and everything survived....even my marriage..

My question to you is which route are you going across with...95,85,40 or 95,76,81,40 ????

Get ready to ARGUE with your GPS, ( not your wife)....,what you know is right may not be understood by the "Voice" in that little box ......I try to drive I-95 once a year from NH to Ft.Myers and that route can get exhausting but very well worth it ....North Carolina shutting down I-95 because of 12" of snow,car fires in Georgia holding traffic still for 3-4 hours or snow "fog" creating he!! in the mid-atlantic states....

Enjoy your adventure and PLEASE pre-plan,even ad Toyota dealers to the GPS ,if they are there you will never need them ,right???

p.s. I drive because I love too;both for work and vacations...we just got back from round tripping Ft.Myers;8 days and 3500 miles.......
Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
Have you been to ABQ before?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #6
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
try to avoid driving through major cities around rush hour. Combine rush hour with a trailer AND a long road trip and it gets a little nerve racking.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Make your way up to Santa Fe while your here, up to Taos if you can. Go see tent rocks at Cochiti Pueblo, Bandelier, wild and scenic rivers up near Taos
Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdtaco View Post
try to avoid driving through major cities around rush hour. Combine rush hour with a trailer AND a long road trip and it gets a little nerve racking.
X2...I unwittingly hit Atlanta during rush hour while driving cross country while towing the little Uhaul bubble looking trailer...It almost became road pizza when a trucker didn't see it behind my truck and just about merged on top of it...needless to say, I recommended to Uhaul to add a fiberglass whip or two to that thing
Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
Back in the game!
Wile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shedWile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice! I made it here in about 4 days. Made a stop to see a friend in Texas. No problems to report. Averaged about 10MPG.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #10
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
ouch that's rough...

so where's the pics?!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
I'm collecting them. I took some GoPro footage too. I'll post soon!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #12
Back in the game!

Wile's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one I took outside of Albuquerque a couple days after I arrived.