Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Moving Across Country VA-CA (driving)

Old 01-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Moving Across Country VA-CA (driving)

I plan on moving to CA by the end of this month if anyone has any tips or know of any job openings in LA or time to help me move in (Monterey Park, LA) let me know!

Thanks!

edit: I will be driving through VA, NC, TN, AR, OK, TX, NM, CO, UT, AZ, NV and to CA

I plan on stopping to see Zion National Park, Arches National Park, the Appalachian Mountains, the Rocky Mountains, Las Vegas, and the Grand Canyon (not necessarily in that order)
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Woot!!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Never drove cross the country so dont have any real "tips"

Im assuming you have already mapped out the route, and make sure you have your truck all serviced up (all fuilds topped off, check air pressure, ect..)

Drive safe and take lots of photos!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Woot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Never drove cross the country so dont have any real "tips"

Im assuming you have already mapped out the route, and make sure you have your truck all serviced up (all fuilds topped off, check air pressure, ect..)

Drive safe and take lots of photos!
Thanks Eric... I wish MD was on the way, although I am driving to NY next sunday... maybe I could stop by and say HIIIII since we have not meet yet..

Yeah, ive mapped out the route.. Need to do an oil change for sure..

I told my mom all I want before I go is an extra memory card for my camera because Im filling both (thats 2k pictures)
Old 01-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
wubs sum road trip!!

Tip: Take ur time and enjoy
Old 01-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you take lots of pics!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
eutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud of
eutrash's Tacoma Gallery
Get an adventure pass.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Have fun!

I drove from VA to Canada and it was a blast! This was a few years ago.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
TWO WORDS...
TW LIVE

Have fun on your drive and best of luck to you. Welcome to CA.
One question though... Why Los Angeles?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post

Thanks Eric... I wish MD was on the way, although I am driving to NY next sunday... maybe I could stop by and say HIIIII since we have not meet yet..

Yeah, ive mapped out the route.. Need to do an oil change for sure..

I told my mom all I want before I go is an extra memory card for my camera because Im filling both (thats 2k pictures)

Nice, I got to 32gb cards for my d7000 and it holds them both so thats 6.5k photos I can take

Next weekend?? I will be in PA at rausch creek the 15th and 16th wheeling
Old 01-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #11

jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
wubs sum road trip!!

Tip: Take ur time and enjoy
Well... I can't really take more than 5-6 days depending on when I need to get there and how much work I can get before I go.. that's a lot of gas maaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Make sure you take lots of pics!
For sure!!! I am sure my roommate that is going with me will be sick of me stopping to take pics by the end of the 1st day

Quote:
Originally Posted by eutrash View Post
Get an adventure pass.
what do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Have fun!

I drove from VA to Canada and it was a blast! This was a few years ago.
Thanks! I am sure it will be tons of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
TWO WORDS...
TW LIVE

Have fun on your drive and best of luck to you. Welcome to CA.
One question though... Why Los Angeles?
Oh I will post a lot on live for sure!!

Thanks! I am moving to LA cuz im moving in with Aaron, and Ive always wanted to move somewhere new (live off the same street my WHOLE life, it's time for a change)
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #12

jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Nice, I got to 32gb cards for my d7000 and it holds them both so thats 6.5k photos I can take

Next weekend?? I will be in PA at rausch creek the 15th and 16th wheeling
Woah! That's nuts!!

Damn... I am driving up the 16th and back down the 17th maybe on the way back? Have fun at Rausch creek!! Im so jealous
Old 01-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #13
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
O also make sure!!!

Your spare is in good shape and your tools to change it are not impossible to get to and if you want to be safe carry a gas can..... with gas in it lol

If you speed make sure you are using a radar detector but remember if I cop pulls you over and he see's it, he probably wont let you go with a warning
Old 01-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #15

jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
O also make sure!!!

Your spare is in good shape and your tools to change it are not impossible to get to and if you want to be safe carry a gas can..... with gas in it lol

If you speed make sure you are using a radar detector but remember if I cop pulls you over and he see's it, he probably wont let you go with a warning
Great advice! I did think about my spare... I need to make sure it is on a wheel, not sure if I got that taken care of when I went to bigger tires or not.. so I will have to look into that..

Gas can is genius! Thanks!

I won't be speeding much if at all, it wastes gas and I will be pulling a Uhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Nice! You are going to love it out here.
Thanks JD!!!

Humor me when I want to go to Lucerne every weekend for a while please LOL
Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
im going from Montana to Georgia!!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Good stuff, I have stopped many times to help someone with my gas can luckily I have never had to use it for myself......yet
Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
eutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud of
eutrash's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
what do you mean?
http://www.fs.fed.us/passespermits/annual.shtml
Old 01-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #19

jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
im going from Montana to Georgia!!
be safe!!! and have FUN!

Quote:
Good stuff, I have stopped many times to help someone with my gas can luckily I have never had to use it for myself......yet
lol I am the type to push it to the limit so I should prob carry one all the time anyways
Old 01-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #20
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
I made a similar move last year. New Orleans to San Francisco. The best advice I can give you is to avoid large cities. Took some time but I was driving a moving truck and towing my Tacoma behind it and people do not move out of your way!