Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Bahama's Cruise In 10 Days!! Woot!! (Anything I should know??)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Bahama's Cruise In 10 Days!! Woot!! (Anything I should know??)

Hey TW!!
The Cruise my GF bought me for my Bday mentioned in this thread here is coming up soon!!

Anyone have any tips or things I should know? or suggest I do?

7-days on the Cruise Ship Celebrity Solstice!!

SO STOKED!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeah! If you get motion sickness, I would bring some Dramamine. Take it a day before you get on the boat. I find that always helps me. I also do that for long car rides.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
sandman29306 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
sandman29306's Tacoma Gallery
See if you can get hold to a Frommer's travel book or something similar so you know where you might want to go and do. Most quality books will give good heads up about the questionable stuff that happens too. Just be careful man. I had some friends get left in the middle of an island as part of a taxi scam. Most tourists don't belong inland in these islands. What islands you going to?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
win all the money you can so you can pay for your large Alcohol bill. IF they offer a all you can drink soda card do it. THen sneek rum on to the ship and have rum/coke
Old 01-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #5
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
When on island don't take anything they claim is free. It isn't free.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #6
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
hell yeah! If you get motion sickness, I would bring some Dramamine. Take it a day before you get on the boat. I find that always helps me. I also do that for long car rides.
Thanks! but I'm good on the no Sea sickness thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman29306 View Post
See if you can get hold to a Frommer's travel book or something similar so you know where you might want to go and do. Most quality books will give good heads up about the questionable stuff that happens too. Just be careful man. I had some friends get left in the middle of an island as part of a taxi scam. Most tourists don't belong inland in these islands. What islands you going to?
a Taxi scam? hmmm.. something to watch out for I guess. Most of the island adventures are booked from the cruise ship by the TV menu's (brand new ship built in 08') So i figure those ones should be legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
win all the money you can so you can pay for your large Alcohol bill. IF they offer a all you can drink soda card do it. THen sneek rum on to the ship and have rum/coke
40$ a day for a wrist band of UNLIMITED BOOZE!!! hahaha no worries I thought ahead.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
sandman29306 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
sandman29306's Tacoma Gallery
Agree w the above statement. Make sure your girl doesn't accept anything free...because some dudes will want some cash from you for it. Happened to me when my girl accepted a decorative bracelet. Just be aware of the fact that anywhere tourists are dumped off that scams and shadiness are well established.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #8
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of singles for tipping. Not many ATM's on board. Tip, though "included," is never included.

expect to be out lots of money afterwards. The tickets just get your transportation, food and some entertainment. you're captive on their ship, so they'll be making money off excursions, equipment rental, the gambling, whatever activities on board they have, massages, etc. My wife and I racked up probably close to $500 on a 3-day cruise, and we don't gamble.

Bring your own equipment if you plan on snorkeling or some other activities like that. Probably runs about $30 for a mask/snorkel off the ship, daily. You can buy a set, with or without fins for about that much on land. Then you don't worry about whose mouth was in it.

Second the "don't take free shit" opinion.

Have fun!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #9
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Just stay away from the engine room... Bartenders wanting to... Think of the "HANGOVER"....
Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
Just stay away from the engine room... Bartenders wanting to... Think of the "HANGOVER"....
All i wanna know is how they got the tiger on board the ship without customs noticing haha.

So i guess my biggest worry is dont take free shit off the boat?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #11
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Take lots of brown and clear mouthwash with you! HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK..... Ya know what i mean?
Old 01-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #12

Try food coloring to get it just right. Generic mouthwash bottles....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post

40$ a day for a wrist band of UNLIMITED BOOZE!!! hahaha no worries I thought ahead.
Yeah, there "unlimited booze" is the cheap house stuff, bottom dollar swill. Ask for specifics in your drink.

Like Caduceus posted, your trapped on the boat, take a few extra bucks. There ATM fees are like vegas ATM fees.

X3 on the "dont take the free stuff" because it is a snowball effect, you get this free item,, but you have to pay for the other item that needs to go with it. check out the deal before committing to it.

If you go ashore, dress like a no-dollar bum. A lesser degree of salesmen hassle from the locals. You can acctually paruse the shops at your leisure without being pounced upon as bad, keeps your profile lower for saftey.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerussell610 View Post
Take lots of brown and clear mouthwash with you! HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK..... Ya know what i mean?
Yea I guess we can bring our own booze on board in our luggage, I'll pick up a couple 40's of vodka before
Old 01-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #15
© "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!
NoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoMallCrawlTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
NoMallCrawlTaco's Tacoma Gallery
...get your shots!
and be ready to work out when you get back! ...all the food you're going to eat.
have a great time. cruises are fun.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #16

Yup, I'm booking a 4x4ing adventure on one of the carribean islands
Old 01-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey TW!!
The Cruise my GF bought me for my Bday mentioned in this thread here is coming up soon!!

SO STOKED!!!
Funny this subject came up. My wife and I just got back this morning from a 9 day cruise from Baltimore to Southern Florida and two stops in the Bahamas.

IT WAS COLDER THAN SHIT !!!

Take some extra clothes with you. Nassau had some colder than normal temperatures last Friday....

....and HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #18
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yea I guess we can bring our own booze on board in our luggage, I'll pick up a couple 40's of vodka before
Don't think so. All bags are X-rayed and any liquor found is confiscated....
Old 01-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Hey TW!!

SO STOKED!!!

One more thing. Celebrity is not a cruise line known for heavy partying. More older folks take that cruise line because of the more quiet atmosphere.

Also check out www.cruisecritic.com, go to cruise lines then select the Celebrity Solstice. Look for the forums specific for the day you guys are cruising...
Old 01-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #20
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I have never been on a cruise but I know a few people who have.

The dude who cuts my hair said he takes a six pack of bottled water and carefully removes them from the plastic and carefully removes the caps and fills them with Clear rum and Vodka then places the caps back and puts them back in the shrink wrap. He said on carnival you are allowed one six pack of water or soda w/ your luggage ("UNOPENED").

My cousin went on one last year and was able to sneak liquor unboard with a plastic flask taped to each of his legs near his crotch.

You can buy liquor duty free onboard and they give it to you on your last day.

Products Discussed in this Thread