Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Wyoming To Alaska with Tacoma

Old 01-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
Such cool pics! How far up into Alsaka were you when you ran into the elk?
The Elk heard was acouple hundred miles into the Yukon in canada.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #23
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #24
5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David S View Post
Looks like fun! What sort of tires are you running?
The tires are Firestone weatherforce, they work good but I prefer Blizzacks, but could not find my size before the trip.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #25
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thToy View Post
The Elk heard was acouple hundred miles into the Yukon in canada.
oh, btw one of the best threads I have looked at in a while!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #26
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
And the Subi rescue

Old 01-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #27
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #28
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Almost to Alaska

Old 01-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #29
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Alaska border and back in the good ol USA

Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #31
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
nice rescue, yea the dry cold is only going to get colder, wait another few weeks, its going to get colder before it gets warmer there. I occasionally do work at ft. Greely. alaskan missile command. I love the drive up there through Glenn allen, then up to tok and onto the tanana valley to greely, sometimes we do work on eilson afb. Welcome to Alaska, stay warm my friend......
Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
And a frozen Lake

Old 01-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #34
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
nice rescue, yea the dry cold is only going to get colder, wait another few weeks, its going to get colder before it gets warmer there. I occasionally do work at ft. Greely. alaskan missile command. I love the drive up there through Glenn allen, then up to tok and onto the tanana valley to greely, sometimes we do work on eilson afb. Welcome to Alaska, stay warm my friend......
I could retire with what I spent on cold weather gear for my wife and myself.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #35
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
It was like 87 degrees here today in California.
Thiers always a wiseguy
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
NicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud ofNicP has much to be proud of
Name: Nic
NicP's Tacoma Gallery
GREAT THREAD!!!

1 rep 4 great thread
1 rep 4 great photos
1 rep 4 pulling 6X12 trailer in those conditions and lots of h4
1 rep 4 pulling subi out(super cool story)and helpin the "pros" (rescue crew)

4 reps!!!!! Ha ha ha ha (in the counts voice from sesame street)
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #37
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
Send me a PM next time you get up this way and we can get together.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:43 PM   #38
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thToy View Post
I could retire with what I spent on cold weather gear for my wife and myself.
good news is that the summers there are absolutey gorgeous and warm, hopefully the fire season doesn't get too bad, i have seen entire summers there with nothing but smokey days.
if you make it down to anchorage sometime in the summer and the timing is right, fishing for salmon is a great way to spend a weekend on the kenai.