Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Wyoming To Alaska with Tacoma

Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM   #61
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thToy View Post
I'll be driving it this summer, gonna fly back to wyoming to get me wifes 4runner. your pics show a different world.
In the summer your biggest enemy will be the crazy tourists in their class A motorhomes...beware!!!

You're much braver than me...I can't imagine driving on that road in the winter. If you have the time when you drive it again this summer, go through Banff NP up there - beautiful area.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #62
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
-22*F

reason enough for me to never live up north...I do NOT envy you guys in the winter time lol
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #63
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent thread. Thanks for sharing
Old 01-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #64
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!! That is just beautiful. Brings back many memories. Drove the highway in 2009, but in summer. Not sure if I would have the guts to go in winter though...

And Banff and Japser NP are a must see for sure. Icefields Parkway (hwy 93 i think)
Old 01-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #65
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
nice!!!!
Oh yea there's definitely good dro up here. It's so damn cold in the winter it just motivates you even more to grow haha.

Looks like an awesome trip! I want to make the drive to canada in the summer. Looks like it would be a blast.

EDIT:

Yea that is one thing I absolutely hate about summer up here...all the damn tourists and their RV's. Then they come here and take all our fish.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #66
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread. I drove from New Jersey to Los Angeles to Fairbanks AK many years back. When we were in L A we were not half way into our trip. We drove an old Jeep wagoneer. The Alaskan Candadian Highway was something like 1500 miles, 1000 was unpaved. It was a great trip, spent two months with a friend in Fairbanks. Your thread brings back fond memories. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #67
SimO is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnny
SimO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the move to Alaska. I lived there for 7 years in the Fairbanks area. Fun winters and amazing summers. You'll never want to leave.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #68
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
I am actually searching for a job in Anchorage right now, hopefully I find one, so I can move there! Great pictures, thanks for sharing
Old 12-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #70
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Rus
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I came across it searching about Alaska
Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 AM   #71
Get Some
wheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
wheresmikeys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
-22*F

reason enough for me to never live up north...I do NOT envy you guys in the winter time lol
SOme of us would much rather deal with -22 degrees than deal with highway 99 and I-5 in the Central Valley
Old 01-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #72
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmikeys View Post
SOme of us would much rather deal with -22 degrees than deal with highway 99 and I-5 in the Central Valley
that fog is just retarded...so many people have died in those sections of freeway because of it...i was leaving from Sac back to San Diego at 3am one morning and got past Stockton and the fog hit me like a brick wall, just appeared outta nowhere lol (was that some jackass wasnt doing 80+ through it as I was crawling along at 40 lol)
Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #73
Mi Vida Taco will become famous soon enoughMi Vida Taco will become famous soon enough

Army: Infantry
Mi Vida Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing pics!!!!! im so jealous! Ive been tryin to leave texas for idaho/alaska. to damn hot here.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #74
Ngotoma is on a distinguished road
Ngotoma's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking photos, stay warm!!
Old 08-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #75
5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed5thToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
5thToy's Tacoma Gallery
Heading to Cali

Well after two winters up here, I decided not to do a third. August 31st Im heading south with the Taco and Uhaul with a final destination somewere in Ventura county California. I will do my best to get pics along the way.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #76
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well after two winters up here, I decided not to do a third. August 31st Im heading south with the Taco and Uhaul with a final destination somewere in Ventura county California. I will do my best to get pics along the way.
Best of luck to you sir.
and if you happen to come through Everett/Seattle give me a yell.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #77

Quote:
couldn't handle the cold

(dont blame ya) lol
Old 09-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #78
agoyne is on a distinguished road
agoyne's Tacoma Gallery
If you had to drive it again in Dec, would you have studded tires? I have considered shipping my truck but it is expensive. I will probably end up driving it in Dec. Any pointers? Love the pics!