1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Roadtrip from San Antonio TX to Colorado.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ink junky, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jan 26, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    ink junky

ink junky [OP] I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Hey guys and gals from TW, like the title says I'm taking a road trip from San Antonio, TX to Colorado, some time in May or June. Where to in Colorado I don't know yet. :eek:

Which is why I'm posting here so I can get ya'lls input. You Colorado people know your land better than anyone else. So I want to go somewhere that I can really put my truck to the test. :) Someplace very scenic, some place where mountain bikes can be used as well (that part isn't a must it would be a perk though). Perferably a place with mountains :D.

I don't know if that might be too much to ask but I would really like to make this trip worth it.

Any input on ya'lls behalf would be greatly appreciated. I plan on buying rock sliders, and a REAL suspension lift by then, since I'm sure both of those will come in handy.

Sooo let me know what you guys think.

Oh and if there is any TX Tacomaworldlings that would like to tag along on your own truck (tacoma :D ) or would like to bum a ride with me and split the gas prices you're welcome to come along. I got a double cab.

Let me know what you guys think.:)

2. Jan 26, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
  3. Jan 26, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    toytacoma22

toytacoma22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    COS
    3" Icon Lift, TC UCA, OME Dakars, Allpro front and rear bumpers.
    There are a lot of places. Might want to research; Durango, Fruita, Aspen, Breckenridge, Salida. Fruita is on Colorado's western border and is only 2-3 hours away from Moab. Breckenridge is one of my personal favorite places.

4. Jan 26, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:

Hey man thanks for the input. I'm definitely checking out those places online. Ahh I can't wait till this semester is over.

5. Jan 26, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    Oskie_78

Oskie_78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    1998 4Runner, 2016 4Runner, 2023 Tacoma
    sounds cool. I would like to take a road trip, but I don't know if I can make it in June.

6. Jan 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    ink junky

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:

Man I would love to travel in a group...but I understand if others can't make it.:)

I've had a trip like this on my mind for a little over a year now.

7. Feb 21, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    mwells32

mwells32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nolanville, TX
    Vehicle:
    '09 PreRunner DC
    5100 on all four corners, fronts set to "0", OME 885 coils, Toytec 2 in AAL
    My BIL lives in Durango. He is the parts manager at the local Toyota dealership, so if you head that way and need some service, I can recommend his. New Country is the dealership. I have never wheeled around that area, but the area is beautiful. Minutes form Pergatory, and head west and I know you can find what you are looking for. Silverton and Ouray are nice too. I know he has gone out to Moab too, dont know how far it is though.

You can make the trip from Killeen in about 14 hours. Add two more from San Antone.

8. Feb 22, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    TexAggie

TexAggie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    OME Lift
    I don't really know any places in Colorado but if your going through Amarillo I suggest you stop and eat at Blue Sky on I-40 at the Western exit, they have some of the best hamburgers and fries.

9. Feb 22, 2011 at 6:46 AM
    Machete Eddie

Machete Eddie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OffRoad
    Estes Park in CO is very nice. About 8 years ago we did a trip from San Antonio to Colorado for two weeks with our boys.

To Top