Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Roadtrip from San Antonio TX to Colorado.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Roadtrip from San Antonio TX to Colorado.

Hey guys and gals from TW, like the title says I'm taking a road trip from San Antonio, TX to Colorado, some time in May or June. Where to in Colorado I don't know yet.

Which is why I'm posting here so I can get ya'lls input. You Colorado people know your land better than anyone else. So I want to go somewhere that I can really put my truck to the test. Someplace very scenic, some place where mountain bikes can be used as well (that part isn't a must it would be a perk though). Perferably a place with mountains .

I don't know if that might be too much to ask but I would really like to make this trip worth it.

Any input on ya'lls behalf would be greatly appreciated. I plan on buying rock sliders, and a REAL suspension lift by then, since I'm sure both of those will come in handy.

Sooo let me know what you guys think.

Oh and if there is any TX Tacomaworldlings that would like to tag along on your own truck (tacoma ) or would like to bum a ride with me and split the gas prices you're welcome to come along. I got a double cab.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
There are a lot of places. Might want to research; Durango, Fruita, Aspen, Breckenridge, Salida. Fruita is on Colorado's western border and is only 2-3 hours away from Moab. Breckenridge is one of my personal favorite places.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by toytacoma22 View Post
There are a lot of places. Might want to research; Durango, Fruita, Aspen, Breckenridge, Salida. Fruita is on Colorado's western border and is only 2-3 hours away from Moab. Breckenridge is one of my personal favorite places.

Hey man thanks for the input. I'm definitely checking out those places online. Ahh I can't wait till this semester is over.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
sounds cool. I would like to take a road trip, but I don't know if I can make it in June.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
sounds cool. I would like to take a road trip, but I don't know if I can make it in June.

Man I would love to travel in a group...but I understand if others can't make it.

I've had a trip like this on my mind for a little over a year now.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
mwells32 will become famous soon enoughmwells32 will become famous soon enough
mwells32's Tacoma Gallery
My BIL lives in Durango. He is the parts manager at the local Toyota dealership, so if you head that way and need some service, I can recommend his. New Country is the dealership. I have never wheeled around that area, but the area is beautiful. Minutes form Pergatory, and head west and I know you can find what you are looking for. Silverton and Ouray are nice too. I know he has gone out to Moab too, dont know how far it is though.

You can make the trip from Killeen in about 14 hours. Add two more from San Antone.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really know any places in Colorado but if your going through Amarillo I suggest you stop and eat at Blue Sky on I-40 at the Western exit, they have some of the best hamburgers and fries.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #9
Machete Eddie will become famous soon enough

Name: Eddie
Machete Eddie's Tacoma Gallery
Estes Park

Estes Park in CO is very nice. About 8 years ago we did a trip from San Antonio to Colorado for two weeks with our boys.