Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

= => Need Help w/NYC Trip! Hotel/Dining/Events <= =

Old 03-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
R.A.M.F (R@D A$$ MUTHA FU$KA)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation = => Need Help w/NYC Trip! Hotel/Dining/Events <= =

Hello fellow NYC TWers,

I'm planning a up and coming trip from LAX to NYC during the days of Wed, 4/27- Sat, 4/30/2011.

I then will be taking the Mega-bus to shuttle from NYC to Boston on Sat, 4/30. Where I'll fly out on Monday, 5/2/2011 back to LAX.

I was hoping some of you NY TW members can help locate a nice and affordable Hotel in the area. Open to staying somewhere in the Manhattan City if its priced right. However, that shits plain offensive. Open to also stay outside the city if you guys know where a good city thats easy to access the transit system. I'd be open to try out the so called amazing public NYC Subways & buses. However, I don't want to get robbed. . .

Dining anyone? I love good/cheap eats! If NY is like LA, I can tell you a ton of amazing places to dine at in LA. Hoping you guys can find me some must eat places. I'd be open to a fine dining location also thats well known too. I'd like to have 1 or 2 nice meals to splurge on. I hate paying a lot of money for subpar food. Help please. . .

Attractions? I guess I'll do all the major Points of Interest as I've never been to NYC. So I've come up with Central Park, Time Square, Site of 9/11, Liberty Park, Tribeca Film Festival, etc.etc. Anything else noted? Once again, I don't want to be Robbed.

So help a LA guy out as in return, I will help you guys out if you plan a SOCAL trip!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:23 AM   #2
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
Hello fellow NYC TWers,

I'm planning a up and coming trip from LAX to NYC during the days of Wed, 4/27- Sat, 4/30/2011.

I then will be taking the Mega-bus to shuttle from NYC to Boston on Sat, 4/30. Where I'll fly out on Monday, 5/2/2011 back to LAX.

I was hoping some of you NY TW members can help locate a nice and affordable Hotel in the area. Open to staying somewhere in the Manhattan City if its priced right. However, that shits plain offensive. Open to also stay outside the city if you guys know where a good city thats easy to access the transit system. I'd be open to try out the so called amazing public NYC Subways & buses. However, I don't want to get robbed. . .

Dining anyone? I love good/cheap eats! If NY is like LA, I can tell you a ton of amazing places to dine at in LA. Hoping you guys can find me some must eat places. I'd be open to a fine dining location also thats well known too. I'd like to have 1 or 2 nice meals to splurge on. I hate paying a lot of money for subpar food. Help please. . .

Attractions? I guess I'll do all the major Points of Interest as I've never been to NYC. So I've come up with Central Park, Time Square, Site of 9/11, Liberty Park, Tribeca Film Festival, etc.etc. Anything else noted? Once again, I don't want to be Robbed.

So help a LA guy out as in return, I will help you guys out if you plan a SOCAL trip!
Your leaving on my bday ass... Now I'm really Hurt
Old 04-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
man, i'm newer to this site. very late on the helping here. im not in nyc but.... take the L train from manhattan into brooklyn, get off in bedford. check out the Turkey nest (dive bar, but can bring your huge ass styrophome cup of beer with you) then go to brooklyn brewery up the street. proceed back to manhattan and get a pastrami or cornd beef at Katz deli on s. houston. enjoy if your there. ps mega bus is the shit
Old 04-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
Did u end up going??

I did the same.. Booked a hotel in new jersey to save money, rode the NJ Transit for $3 everyday into the city. Ride was about 10 min.

It was alright but after walking all over NY all day it got tiring having to commute from the city to jersey. If I were to go again I would spend the money and stay in the city.

We then rode the bolt bus for $45 to Boston and stayed for another week then flew back to LA. I wouldn't mind living in Boston!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 AM   #5
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Some places I've enjoyed eating there are Katz Deli, Grimaldi's, Pommes Frites, and a bunch of bakeries my GF dragged me to while over there. idk where you're staying in NY, but wherever you go, take the subway because not only is it really efficient, it completes the NY experience.

I think the museums are still free (or you get to choose how much to pay) on Sundays. I thought the MOMA was cool, not so much the MET.

Don't bother with the Statue of Liberty and Empire State building. Total tourist attraction and overcrowded.

EDIT: Ahh crap I didn't see how old this thread was.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^Thanks GUYS! . .

Much appreciated!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #7

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtacoma View Post
Did u end up going??

I did the same.. Booked a hotel in new jersey to save money, rode the NJ Transit for $3 everyday into the city. Ride was about 10 min.

It was alright but after walking all over NY all day it got tiring having to commute from the city to jersey. If I were to go again I would spend the money and stay in the city.

We then rode the bolt bus for $45 to Boston and stayed for another week then flew back to LA. I wouldn't mind living in Boston!

We are going! We are leaving later today I'm so Excited! I can't even sleep. Just finishing up a few things

We rented a car from BOSTON to drive to NYC. Then we are parking in NY and taking the transit. If we get tired of walking, we will have a rental car to use.

I'm UBER excited. Got my best grown man gear all packed!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #8
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post

We are going! We are leaving later today I'm so Excited! I can't even sleep. Just finishing up a few things

We rented a car from BOSTON to drive to NYC. Then we are parking in NY and taking the transit. If we get tired of walking, we will have a rental car to use.

Wtf is this why u have been ignoring me!!!! : (((((((
Old 04-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
dont fall for the chicken on a stick from the vendors outside of penn station. Check out Jimmy's corner bar in time square (no longer on a corner). For a nice meal go to the Spotted Pig or if you want fancy high end cocktails and apps, go to Pegu Club. Definitely by an all day subway pass, like $8 and ride the shit out of it. Cover a ton of groundDef Katz deli, but for real go to brooklyn. Hope the rain holds off
Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #10

RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ THanks for all the tips. These are all very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
Wtf is this why u have been ignoring me!!!! : (((((((

Never holmes!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #12
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post

That's awesome, have fun!! Be careful shopping In Boston since they have no tax! Best places to eat are the small hole in the wall spots. Best food to me was pizza and wings! We went to a place called star dust that had some good food & entertainment ...

http://www.ellensstardustdiner.com/