1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Planning a College Euro-trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by wtbthree, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Mar 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    wtbthree

wtbthree [OP] Give 'er

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    SC'ed 2010 DC
    3" Revtek lift, 17" FJ rims, 285 BFG KO's, sunroof, TRD piping, Wickedflow muffler, Avid step rails TRD supercharger,
    Hey all,

I'm going to Spain this summer for a Spanish program. I'll be going to school in Salamanca for a few weeks. But after July 6th I have 2 weeks to travel, until coming home from Madrid on the 20th.

I've been to Europe once before, but was hoping to get some input from some folks who have traveled around. I'd like to avoid super touristy cities, I think I'd like to see Florence and/or Sienna, and was thinking about spending some time in Costa del Sol with friends in the second week. For the record, I'm most interested in scenery and cool historical/cultural experiences, more than going crazy in bars in Amsterdam or Berlin for two weeks (while nightlife will surely be a part of the trip to some, haha) I'm a college student, so living out of my pack is acceptable, and if anyone has good experiences with hostels where I won't lured in with naked women and hacked to bits with a chainsaw (the naked luring part would be fine, but not the murdering part)....then let me know

...any one have any great experiences in particular cities or regions that you feel I shouldn't miss??

2. Mar 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Can I go with?!?!:eek::D

3. Mar 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Where did you go the last time? I did a 5 week trip last year, it was bad-ass. Although, we did hit up the touristy cities, I can tell you that Barcelona was my favorite spot, and London is really cool too except for the constant rain. Are you going to fly around? or get a rail pass? Ireland was really cool as well, but is a bit far from Spain. I went to florence, and if you're into the museums thats definitely the place to go. Rome, you can skip unless you really want to see the coliseum. I stayed in cheap hotels (that werent really that cheap), so I cant comment on hostels, but if you have any specific questions let me know.

4. Mar 15, 2011 at 6:28 PM
    TyT

TyT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Tacoma TRD Sport
    Make sure you visit the island off the coast of spain called Mallorca its amazing! Nude beaches too lol!! Have fun and research food if you aint sure what it is!

Ty

To Top