Notices

Alaska to Lower 48

Old 03-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Oldie but a Goodie
Russellstiltskin is on a distinguished road

Name: Russtifer
Russellstiltskin's Tacoma Gallery
Alaska to Lower 48

Soooooo, as im sure im not the only one on here who HATES the idea of going on vacation and using a rental, i want to take my '09 TRD on a lower 48 "Excursion", looking at the month of September. This will be a free for all trip with everything from a good Rock Show or two, to some State Parks, and everything else in between.

INCLUDING, I'm curious what kind of "Jeep Adventures" are offered in the lower 48, specifically the Idaho, Utah/Nevada, Arizona, and California locations. Nothing like rock crawling or anything like that, but just basic Jeep(eff it. im going to start saying TACOMA trails) trails that anyone with a similar lift as mine (3"lift, 32s, etc) can easily make. I heard there are guided adventures in places like SoCal, but not sure of anywhere else. Has anyone ever purchased anything like this? I'm road tripping alone for the most part, so im not about to just go off the highway systems and explore on my own. HAHA But, there's no better way to see the gorgeous scenery than taking an old dirt trail and seeing the states from that advantage, so i want to add that to my itinerary.

Anyone with helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Hell, maybe if i roll through your area, we could hook up. And i mean that in a strictly NON MTV-GENERATION kind of way.

Just throwing this out there for some general ideas to make my trip worth the cost. I can't get through Canada anymore thanks to an indiscretion in 2008, so I'm stuck taking the scenic ferry route. It hurts, I freaking LOVE the Al-Can too.