Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Good Beach Near Disneyland.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
Good Beach Near Disneyland.

I'm going to LA in late May/early June with the wife and kids, 6 and 4, what are some good beaches near Disneyland that are good just to chill out for the day with the kids? We just want to hang out, build sand castles, get some hot dogs and just relax. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nobody?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can take the 55 south until it ends in Newport for Access to Balboa Beach. Also there is a beach all the way up Beach Blvd. I forgot the name of that beach though.

Edit: Huntington Beach
Old 04-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
^^I was about to say Huntington Beach, but you edited too fast, haha.

You can't go wrong with either Huntington or Newport, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Newport.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
^^I was about to say Huntington Beach, but you edited too fast, haha.

You can't go wrong with either Huntington or Newport, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Newport.
x2 newport is very nice, but if you want to make a little drive probably 45 minutes up towards santa monica beach, that place is very nice! they have a pier with many rides, beach obviously, playground area on the beach and ALOT of shops for the wife
all these other beaches like newport, huntington, laguna etc, are mainly just beaches but santa monica is probably the nicest one because of the surroundings
Old 04-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #6

Thanks guys. We went to Huntington beach a couple of years ago. It was nice. I think we will check out Newport and Santa Monica. Thanks for your inputs.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Deathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant future

Deathbeard's Tacoma Gallery
Water in Huntington is usually dirty, Santa Monica has waay too many tourists..Best bet is Hermosa Beach, North Redondo Beach or Manhattan Beach
Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbeard View Post
Water in Huntington is usually dirty, Santa Monica has waay too many tourists..Best bet is Hermosa Beach, North Redondo Beach or Manhattan Beach

I'll have to look those up. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #9
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Santa monica isn't too much a swimming beach, crowded as all hell, and rather dirty. I have been to a lot of beaches in a lot of countries, and newport is one of the best. Manhatten beach is also pretty nice. Or you could always take a trip down to San Diego.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 AM   #10
qbert is on a distinguished road

Name: Brady
qbert's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to be around Disneyland and you don't want to drive a ways to the beach, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach are the ways to go. Much more laid back and relaxing than Huntington or Santa Monica.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
Santa monica isn't too much a swimming beach, crowded as all hell, and rather dirty. I have been to a lot of beaches in a lot of countries, and newport is one of the best. Manhatten beach is also pretty nice. Or you could always take a trip down to San Diego.
Thanks. We did San Diego/LegoLand two years ago. Great place. Love SD. More places provided for research.. thanks. Kind of seems that Newport is widely liked.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert View Post
If you're going to be around Disneyland and you don't want to drive a ways to the beach, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach are the ways to go. Much more laid back and relaxing than Huntington or Santa Monica.
Laguna Beach.. I'll have to research that one too. Thanks.

Man you guys are great, thanks fo much for the info.

Is May/June a timeframe where the water will still be pretty cold?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
^The water is always cold