1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ever have trouble checking into a hotel?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by fireturk41, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jun 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 [OP] I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    I usually go to out of town fire classes and get hotel rooms depending on the distance and time of class (ie class starts at 0800 and i live 3 hours away). I always stayed at Courtyard by Marriot in Wilmington NC, always, ive been there atleast 5 times and they always treated me well. I called tonight to book 5 more nights and someone ive never spoke to before tells me you have to be 21 all of a sudden to check in, after i asked if there was anyway i could check in like i did in the past he said that they are all of a sudden booked...

needless to say i found a different hotel, saved 10 bucks origionally, and they gave me a $30 firefighter discount for everynight i stay there. needless to say i reccomend Staybridg Suites Wilmington East if you are in the wilmington nc area.

(before anyone questions i didnt ask for dicount and all the hotel + gas come out of my own pocket)

2. Jul 1, 2011 at 5:24 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think it's interesting that they have had no issues before and then all of the sudden they checked your age- but most places have some sort of rule like that.
    Same for rental cars.

Sounds like you got a better deal now tho...so why sweat it??

One thing you can try is to get an official letter or orders to the area...I have been able to do tons of stuff cause I had military orders even when I was still pretty young.

3. Jul 1, 2011 at 5:30 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    sounds like you got some new hire on the phone that's scared shitless and doing everything by the books.

i deffinately admire the fact that you're doing this out of pocket at your age. it can be hard to do. deffinately shows that you value your knowledge and want to succede. have fun at the class!

4. Jul 1, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    One time in Mexico I booked a hotel on Expedia. The girl at the front desk said that she couldn't find my reservation. I pointed out the confirmation number (she couldn't find the number on the paper...?) and all of a sudden I was good to go. :rolleyes:

Age-wise I've never had issues.

5. Jul 1, 2011 at 5:51 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    oh god...not what you want in mexico.

i was in a bad spot a few months ago. went to new orleans for mardi gras. drove the 8 hours to get there, only to find that the hotel was overbooked, and since we had the cheap tickets (from travelocity), that we were lowest on the totem pole for an opening. we even got there 6 hours before check in time and still got this crap. stuck 8 hours away from home with no hotels with rooms for 25 miles is no good

6. Jul 1, 2011 at 8:51 AM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    dude i dislike expedia, i was looking at there site and i got a lower price just calling the hotel. the new hotel thats accomodating me is gonna get a good bit of business, ive got 6 early classes at that college in the next 2 months and my fd will also go to the fire college offered ther and we bring on average 3-4 people with 2 per room

7. Jul 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Yeah last time it was cheaper actually booking with Marriott than Expedia. Expedia happened to be cheaper than the hotels price in Mexico. I always find the cheapest. ;)

I always make sure what the minimum check in age is before booking though just to be safe. :eek:

I called the Marriott Courtyard in Toronto before I booked and they said 18 was the minimum age so I was good to go. They never even checked my ID when I got there, they just swiped my card. :)

8. Jul 1, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    i just checked in, this hotel is so much better!i even get free interwebs a king bed huge tv,fridge stove and 8 pillow, also the said if i stay here often (like i do) that they even have repeat customer rates.

To Top