Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

ever have trouble checking into a hotel?

Old 06-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
ever have trouble checking into a hotel?

I usually go to out of town fire classes and get hotel rooms depending on the distance and time of class (ie class starts at 0800 and i live 3 hours away). I always stayed at Courtyard by Marriot in Wilmington NC, always, ive been there atleast 5 times and they always treated me well. I called tonight to book 5 more nights and someone ive never spoke to before tells me you have to be 21 all of a sudden to check in, after i asked if there was anyway i could check in like i did in the past he said that they are all of a sudden booked...

needless to say i found a different hotel, saved 10 bucks origionally, and they gave me a $30 firefighter discount for everynight i stay there. needless to say i reccomend Staybridg Suites Wilmington East if you are in the wilmington nc area.

(before anyone questions i didnt ask for dicount and all the hotel + gas come out of my own pocket)
Old 07-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I think it's interesting that they have had no issues before and then all of the sudden they checked your age- but most places have some sort of rule like that.
Same for rental cars.

Sounds like you got a better deal now tho...so why sweat it??

One thing you can try is to get an official letter or orders to the area...I have been able to do tons of stuff cause I had military orders even when I was still pretty young.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #3
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you got some new hire on the phone that's scared shitless and doing everything by the books.

i deffinately admire the fact that you're doing this out of pocket at your age. it can be hard to do. deffinately shows that you value your knowledge and want to succede. have fun at the class!
Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
One time in Mexico I booked a hotel on Expedia. The girl at the front desk said that she couldn't find my reservation. I pointed out the confirmation number (she couldn't find the number on the paper...?) and all of a sudden I was good to go.

Age-wise I've never had issues.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
oh god...not what you want in mexico.

i was in a bad spot a few months ago. went to new orleans for mardi gras. drove the 8 hours to get there, only to find that the hotel was overbooked, and since we had the cheap tickets (from travelocity), that we were lowest on the totem pole for an opening. we even got there 6 hours before check in time and still got this crap. stuck 8 hours away from home with no hotels with rooms for 25 miles is no good
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
One time in Mexico I booked a hotel on Expedia. The girl at the front desk said that she couldn't find my reservation. I pointed out the confirmation number (she couldn't find the number on the paper...?) and all of a sudden I was good to go.

Age-wise I've never had issues.
dude i dislike expedia, i was looking at there site and i got a lower price just calling the hotel. the new hotel thats accomodating me is gonna get a good bit of business, ive got 6 early classes at that college in the next 2 months and my fd will also go to the fire college offered ther and we bring on average 3-4 people with 2 per room
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah last time it was cheaper actually booking with Marriott than Expedia. Expedia happened to be cheaper than the hotels price in Mexico. I always find the cheapest.

I always make sure what the minimum check in age is before booking though just to be safe.

I called the Marriott Courtyard in Toronto before I booked and they said 18 was the minimum age so I was good to go. They never even checked my ID when I got there, they just swiped my card.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
i just checked in, this hotel is so much better!i even get free interwebs a king bed huge tv,fridge stove and 8 pillow, also the said if i stay here often (like i do) that they even have repeat customer rates.