Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Going to Yellowstone

Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Going to Yellowstone

It's been 10 years since I was last there and, damn 20 years since I first went there.

We are staying in a cabin in Island Park for 3 days, and then we are gonna either get a hotel for the next 2 nights or camp somewhere that we find. What is there/fun to do in Yellowstone. My girlfriend has never been so we are going to do the typical tourist things, but what else can we do?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
powdr_dayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Colton
powdr_dayz's Tacoma Gallery
boiling river, tower falls, artist paint pots, Mammoth, old faithful (if you really want to get touristy)...Lamar valley, Yellowstone lake, fairy falls...you're really gonna need a lot of time here
Old 07-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Fisherman's Bridge which crosses over the Yellowstone River right before it heads into the lake. Fin-to-fin large trout always gathered up under there.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
watch the tourists from other countries acting dumb. that was the most amusing part to me. i saw this asian couple walk in to a field straight at a buffalo when i was there. got 10 FOOT FROM IT!, turned their backs and swapped off taking pictures in front of it. lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
watch the tourists from other countries acting dumb. that was the most amusing part to me. i saw this asian couple drift around a buffalo when i was there. got 1 inch FROM IT!, turned their backs and swapped off taking pictures in front of it. lol.
Much better.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Much better.
lol. . . but seriously, it was wild to me how dumb the foreigners were around the animals. we stopped to look at some bears near a road at one point during a day. asian woman behind us got out of her car and walked right up to it and starting taking pictures some 15 ft from them.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
lol. . . but seriously, it was wild to me how dumb the foreigners were around the animals. we stopped to look at some bears near a road at one point during a day. asian woman behind us got out of her car and walked right up to it and starting taking pictures some 15 ft from them.

When I was there last, it wasn't just the foreigners that were bad. I remember seeing plently of families doing the same stupid shit
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #8
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't the Killpecker sand dune area about five hours from Jackson?