1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Belize Trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by e money, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Jul 8, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    e money

e money [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    04 DC
    Hey guys just got back from 10 days down in Belize for my honeymoon. Great place to visit. We spent 5 days on Caye Caulker a small fishing island and dive/snorkel site.

[​IMG]

Once we got to the mainland I was amazed but the number of Prados, Hilux and Tacomas we saw. I was way more impressed than my wife of course. I wasn't a big fan of the Hilux but when you see them up close, even the older ones I was impressed.

Here was just one of many 3.0 Turbo Diesel.

[​IMG]

We visited one of my wife's friends who runs a farm in central Belize. Once we were off the main roads I wish I was driving my truck-not for wheeling-just to get to where were going! Due to budgetary restraints I could only afford to rent a Suzuki Jimny:

[​IMG]

Known in the states as a Samari.
    (Renting in Belize is expensive. 65/day US for the Suzuki, 120 for Prado, 180 for Rubicon. Don't think I wasn't tempted though.)
    Getting to the farm was an adventure and so were the mountian roads to camp. Thank god it had 4wd! Very capable for what its worth and fun to drive. Not to mention 38mpg. I was able to navigate through the mountain roads and a small river crossing...barely. 14inch rims and semi-all terrain tire made me very nervous. Once we got to the farm I was greeted by these guys:D:

[​IMG]

The Landcruiser was 4door diesel with right hand drive. I drove it around for the day. It was a fucking tank! Ill get some more pics up when I can:
    [​IMG]

2. Jul 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Cool to see so many different models and makes of vehicles that are not available in the USA! Thanks for thr trip report!

3. Jul 9, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Congratulations & Great pics!
    I deployed a few times to Belize with the Army more down near Punta Gorda & Placentia. Beautiful country when I got r&r & to visit a few Cayes. Went back on a cruise to visit Belize City but really preferred the Southern Coast.
    How did you like the snorkeling?

4. Jul 9, 2011 at 4:48 AM
    facemob

facemob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    1st state
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Manual, TRD
    OME 881, Nitrochargers front and rear, diff drop, Wheelers 3 Leaf AAL, Supertop, shitty brush guard and a hole in the muffler
    Awesome ! caye caulker is awesome, no vehicles on the island still right? Did you go to "the Split" ? I had to rent a jiminy as well, but its a capable vehicle, and if thats the only way i was going to get 4x4 , then that was fine. Glad you enjoyed

5. Jul 9, 2011 at 5:17 AM
    TruthInLies313

TruthInLies313 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blaine
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 V6 TRD Sport DC
    Tinted, 5701 Viper Alarm Electric Start, 6 Inch Fabtech Lift, 17'' XD Hoss Rims, K&N 77 Series Intake, BHLM, Black Emblems, Color Matched Dash rings, 2 JL 10's, Pioneer Double Din Head Unit
    Congrats!!!! I used to live in Belize when I was 11....My dad owned a Dive Shop on Ambergris Caye....it was an island close to Caye Caulker...have many great memories of that place. Suprised to see that you said there was vehicles on the island cause we didn't have any....just golf carts..and boats of course :p

6. Jul 10, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    e money

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    04 DC
    Snorkeling was great. Swam with sea turtles and manatees. I agree, Bleize City was a bit sketchy but the keys were great. Next time I want to get down to Palencia.

7. Jul 10, 2011 at 6:09 PM
    e money

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    04 DC

Yea, noi vehicles on the island except the local garbage truck. All bike and golf carts. The slpit was great. The Lazy Lizard was our first stop in the afternoon for drinks.

8. Jul 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    Was in Belize about 10 years ago. Beautiful country. I stayed on the Ambergris Caye. I got one of the Prados when I went to Nicaragua 2 years ago. Biggest p.o.s. ever (could have been because they were rentals though)! Both of them suffered major damage when we put a couple suitcases on top. the whole roof bowed in. I had to get in the back of each one and discreetly push the roof back up when we took them back. lol

Glad you had a good time!

To Top