Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

An Idiot Abroad - The United Kingdom

Old 07-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
An Idiot Abroad - The United Kingdom

Figured I'd just post some pics here. I spent 10 days in England and Scotland. After this trip, I've now been to Scotland three times and England twice. I flew Phoenix to Philadelphia, Philadelphia to Manchester, rented a car and drove up north to St. Andrews, Scotland. I had a day and a half once I got there in the town. It's honestly, one of, if not my favorite place in the world. On the third day, one of my friends that lives in St. Andrews took me up to the Scottish Highlands for the day, since that's one part of Scotland I haven't seen before. It was fantastic. For the weekend, I took a last minute flight down to London. I had never been there before (I always try to avoid going through London), but I felt like a little adventure. I spent a solid one night, two days there and had a fantastic time. During the day, I did the touristy stuff and whatnot and then at night I went to some local pubs/clubs to meet some people. Met 7 girls at a dance club and they showed me how awesome London at night can be

I flew back to Glasgow, late Sunday night and my friend picked up me up at the airport and drove my back to St. Andrews. I spent the next day solely around town and relaxed after the awesome weekend I had. The day before I flew out, it was arranged that I'd stay the night with another friend in a small town outside of Glasgow called Cumbernauld. I then went into Edinburgh for the day and walked the Royal Mile, saw Edinburgh Castle, and all the other good stuff around there. The day I flew out, I spent the day in Glasgow first then and then hoped the plane and flew first class to Philadelphia.

When I arrived in Philly, I had some issues with my flights and long story short, I spent the night in Philadelphia. I called HomerTaco and he happened to be free, so he picked me up. We went wheeling and he gave me a tour of Philly. Props to him! Now onto pictures

London, England:
Buckingham Palace:

Olympic Games Count Down:

National Gallery:

Canada Memorial:

Canada Gate:

The Underground ():

Captain Cook Memorial:

London Eye:

Big Ben:

Parliament:

National Police Memorial:

Edinburgh, Scotland:

St. Andrews, Scotland:

The Highlands, Scotland:

Couple videos:

Big Ben:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLbsvZLaYHI

Royal Mile in Edinburgh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrjk1atU_9M

Band at St. James's Park in London:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyqYgXPQdI4

Thanks for reading and looking at the pics/vids
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you a great vacation...great pics! Lived in Europe for four years and loved it. Never got to Scotland... hope to do that with my wife someday. Glad you had a wonderful time!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleeharris View Post
Sounds like you a great vacation...great pics! Lived in Europe for four years and loved it. Never got to Scotland... hope to do that with my wife someday. Glad you had a wonderful time!
It was a good, relaxing holiday with some good adventure in it!

I'll be going back to Europe in May/June for 6-8 weeks, and I'll be visiting the greater portion of the countries in continental europe. Then in a couple years, the plan is I will be moving to Scotland. Hopefully St. Andrews, but I wouldn't mind Edinburgh or Glasgow as well.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Great pictures. I've been to Scotland twice now. The first trip was for our wedding/honeymoon.

Frank
Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I've got some HD videos I can put up later as well...
Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
GTACO
GTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabriel
GTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome pix
Old 07-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, Connor! I'm getting flashbacks!

Where are the pics of the 7 chicks? Prove it. Please.

So, yeah they call the Underground the Tube, right?

So, uh, huh huh huh. TW has a Boob Tube.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTACO View Post
Awsome pix
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Awesome, Connor! I'm getting flashbacks!

Where are the pics of the 7 chicks? Prove it. Please.

So, yeah they call the Underground the Tube, right?

So, uh, huh huh huh. TW has a Boob Tube.
Thanks!

Didn't have my camera on me during it. I was too busy having "fun"

I sent a pic into TW live when they were all getting arrested, but guys and coppers were blocking the view to them. Plus I didn't want them to see me and point me out just in case

And yes, the underground tube..I got a day pass which only cost me £6.60. I got unlimited access all day
Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Scotland is way cool my grand mom on my dads side was born in Castle Douglas. I do the full dress for the highland games down here every year. Put on the kilt and down a half bottle of Highland Way and its a blast. Got to go over there before I kick off... Jim
Old 07-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Scotland is way cool my grand mom on my dads side was born in Castle Douglas. I do the full dress for the highland games down here every year. Put on the kilt and down a half bottle of Highland Way and its a blast. Got to go over there before I kick off... Jim
Nice! The Highland games in the Kingdom of Fife (where St. Andrews is at) is on Sunday. I've got a friend who's participating in it. I wish I could have stuck around for it. They look awesome. I also wish I could have stayed longer because the Royal Military Tattoo is next week in Edinburgh...
Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Nice! The Highland games in the Kingdom of Fife (where St. Andrews is at) is on Sunday. I've got a friend who's participating in it. I wish I could have stuck around for it. They look awesome. I also wish I could have stayed longer because the Royal Military Tattoo is next week in Edinburgh...
I have my dad's old 8mm home movies of the tattoo in Edinburgh from 1959 not a big bag pipe fan but is cool to watch... Jim
Old 07-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #12
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have my dad's old 8mm home movies of the tattoo in Edinburgh from 1959 not a big bag pipe fan but is cool to watch... Jim
I enjoy the pipes. One day I will get to see Tattoo...
Old 07-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #13
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

At one time England outlawed the pipes as they saw them as Scotland's call to war. Jim
Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At one time England outlawed the pipes as they saw them as Scotland's call to war. Jim
Lol! I wasn't a huge fan of England, if I'm honest. Scotland is where it's at!!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Awesome Pics!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:41 AM   #16
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks
Old 07-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #17
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome trip!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #18
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
sweet pictures dude!

why did they get arrested?? hah
Old 07-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #19
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
The Fuck?

you had a badass night with 7 English bitches and they all got arrested?

why you no tell story?
Old 07-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #20
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
Awesome trip!
Yes it was!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
sweet pictures dude!

why did they get arrested?? hah
Thanks. Drunken disorderly is all I know. But probably something else. I ditched them shortly before it all happened, so all i know is I didn't get arrested with them I know a couple of the guys that were with the group had stolen some stuff, so maybe they were busted for that as well. It was a 25th birthday they/we were celebrating LOL