Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Airport Reviews

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
2oz? Did they make you spoon it out?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
ADCarter1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Denise
ADCarter1's Tacoma Gallery
I offered but they wanted to confiscate the whole jar. I told them it was a gift for my dad (which it was) and he was a mustard connoisseur (which he's not) and that I would never, ever even dream of committing such a horrible crime against condiments again. They let me go. We almost missed the plane.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #23
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I think sometimes the tendency is to go a little over board. I mean it's 2oz; not two cases.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #24
ADCarter1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Denise
ADCarter1's Tacoma Gallery
I was assured at CDG in Paris that all the products in their duty free shop were US customs approved. So I went ahead and bought the mustard along with two wheels of Camembert cheese. I figured if customs was going to complain about anything, it would be the stinky cheese (which the duty free shop vacuum sealed for me) and not the mustard in a glass jar.

Which is why I bought two wheels, I had one wheel in a bag in my hand and the other hidden in my carry on, figuring they would just take the wheel in the bag and not discover the second, hidden wheel.

But no- it was the stupid mustard.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #25
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. I travel all the time I will post experiences later and read through posts.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #26
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ONT - (****) not much selection of food as a matter of fact there is usually only one place to eat open in the mornings sometimes nothing is open if you have a late arrival. But the reason I give it a 4 star is it is small You can expect to be thru security on a busy day less than 10 minutes after checking in and it is very clean and never too crowded.

DFW - (****) love this airport there are so many shops and places to eat that it keeps you occupied while you have a layover. plenty of places to find a last minute item you needed for a long trip. the tram system is amazing it will get you where you need to be in less than 10 minutes to any of the 4 terminals. I did get cought for weather the last time I went thru but thats hardly their fault.some of the gates are crammed.

LHR- (**) London is ok, its not the worst airport ive been to but it has no style and pretty old in some parts, not to mention London is expensive so that reflects at the airport. I had an over night layover and they kept my bags for the next flight so I had to go to the hotel without any change of clothes, I was not happy about that.

TPA (***1/2) I like TPA the new areas are really nice and they are re doing a whole bunch more. never had an issue flying out and there are several places to eat/drink.

I will post more soon but thhose are the ones i frequent most. I fly out of ONT DFW and LHR atleast 4 plus times a year. ONT being the most i think im up to 10 this year lol.

heres a list of all the ones ive been to if anyone has any questions feel free to ask

ONT- ontario,CA
DEN - Denver, Co
ORD - Chicago, Il
TPA - Tampa, FL
DFW - Dallas, TX
ICT - Wichita, Ks
MCO - Orlando, Fl
PHX - Phoenix, AZ
KIA? - Kuwait City, Kuwait
LHR - London, England
DIA? - Dubai, UAE
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #27

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man. I forgot to mention MCO. Damn, that place was busy!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #28
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
KIA? - Kuwait City, Kuwait
KCIA
Old 06-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
KCIA
Thanks lol didn't have time to look it up
Old 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #30
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Seattle was awesome! Great places to eat, along with the Exofficio store there too!

I like ATL. Denver is big, but I flew through it a lot this past year, so I got to know it pretty well.

I've spent a few nights in the Chicago airport because of bad weather.

Didn't like DFW for some reason...I think it was because my gate was in B2343234 or something way down the concourse where there was nothing to do.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #31
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
I fly for a living and am based out of KIAH. Fly all over domestically and up into Canada and Nova Scotia and down into Mexico (around 23 destinations). Woke up in Aguascalientes this morning actually at o'dark thirty. Anyway if anyone has upcoming travels or has any questions I'd be glad to try and answer them. Safe travels and have fun out there!!