Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Anyone live in Aspen, CO ( ...or been there on vacation?)

Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone live in Aspen, CO ( ...or been there on vacation?)

my wife and I are thinking of going to Aspen sometime in Feb. for a trip. Neither one of us have ever done skiing or been to Colorado. Anyone live near there or have experience there? Whats should I be looking for, what are some good hotels or resorts, what do I need to watch out for? Any suggestions would be appreciated !!!!

Old 11-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Me personally. I dont like aspen. TOO MANY PEOPLE.

Personally my family absolutely loves Steamboat.

Beaver Creek is nice also.

As is Copper.

Sometimes Breckenridge (Breckenfridge)
Old 11-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Grew up in Colorado, Aspen is nice but very exspensive, so is Vail. Steamboat is nice, Winterpark is a great resort.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend who works for the City of Frisco, CO. They have a saying out there:

"Aspen is where you go to see.

Vail is where you go to be seen.

Copper is where you go to ski."
Old 11-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
Colorado? lived there for 16 years until i had to move to Florida... i miss it so much more. Aspen? Thats where a lot of the "pretty people" went, as we called it. Too rich, white and stuck up to even look at another person. Here's an example :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYJ9zOyzI4w?version=3
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

that video was funny as hell !!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i've skiied the area before... depending on how much you like to roam, there are 4 resorts to ski at in the area... snowmass, aspen highlands, aspen mountain, and buttermilk... aspen mountain = overrated IMO, ...hell even their "gondola" seemed underwhelming by modern standards, ...snowmass = ok, ,..i wasn't a fan of their terrain and the "lay" of the mountain, ...aspen highlands = the best of the bunch, ...have a nice backcountry bowl you can hike to and ski, and have some long runs you can cruise or charge down from the top to bottom...
Old 11-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
Me personally. I dont like aspen. TOO MANY PEOPLE.

Personally my family absolutely loves Steamboat.

Beaver Creek is nice also.

As is Copper.

Sometimes Breckenridge (Breckenfridge)
x2. Everyone I have talked to that has been to ASpen says it wasn't good and too many people... and expensive as hell. I was in Steamboat last Dec. and had an absolute blast! That place is great!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
x2. Everyone I have talked to that has been to ASpen says it wasn't good and too many people... and expensive as hell. I was in Steamboat last Dec. and had an absolute blast! That place is great!
steamboat is "the" best all around skiing in CO... IMO

one of the best memories ever, ...true "snorkel" day at steamboat one december, ..several years ago
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #10
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
I love gettin over to the top right side of the mountain and cruzing all the nice blues up there. Tomahawk being one of my favorites. Best part about that side of the mountain is all the little side trails you can take
Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Been all around Co. including Aspen. My favorite is Breckenridge then Steamboat and Copper
Old 12-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #12

This Steamboat sounds good
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #13
rlew is on a distinguished road
rlew's Tacoma Gallery
Partial to Telluride myself
Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #14

lots of good opinions!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #15

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTitan11 View Post
This Steamboat sounds good
... yes, steamboat is superb, ... it's isolated, ...so if you go there it's pretty much the only resort to ski, ..but it's got a neat western-esque town, ...smaller than breckenridge though..

steamboat is the place you've probably seen in promotion material/commercials /w billy kidd (dude skiing w/ cowboy hat), ..skiing deep pow in the aspens.. steamboat has a good deal of gladed terrain, ..and some nice powder meadows..
Old 12-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Not Aspen, but spend a couple Christmas breaks and summers in Steamboat Springs. I love that place!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #17

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlew View Post
Partial to Telluride myself
skiied there in 2009, ...man what a great resort - they had something for everyone all all levels, ..some nice "crusing" terrain, plus some real nice (easy) hikeable terrain as well.. the victorian town of telluride was very cool too! definitely on my list of places to "revisit", ..only wish it was easier to get in/out of..
Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #18
showmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud ofshowmeballer has much to be proud of

showmeballer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Humanity View Post
I have a friend who works for the City of Frisco, CO. They have a saying out there:

"Aspen is where you go to see.

Vail is where you go to be seen.

Copper is where you go to ski."

Copper has nothing on the Vail back bowls.

I'd also recommend Vail / Beaver creek or even Breck if you are set on that area. Steamboat is also really nice, but farther north. The snow will determine which place is best while you are there.

Have fun wherever you go.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #19
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Another vote for Steamboat. I had a great time there!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #20

bump