Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

SoCal to N.E. Ohio - time lapse

Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
The light was yellow, Sir.
bridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
bridaw's Tacoma Gallery
Talking SoCal to N.E. Ohio - time lapse

I guess this is the place to post this since it is a cross country road trip and not off-road video. I have driven my Tacoma from SoCal to North East Ohio and back twice now. The last trip, in July of 2011, I captured images every 5 seconds and created this time lapse video of the trip. Over 18500 images document over 2300 miles in under 2 & 1/2 minutes.
The video is available in 1080 but I can only link the 720 version.
http://youtu.be/dNA5qFv1iuU?hd=1

The return trip is four days worth of driving because we visited the south rim of the Grand Canyon.
http://youtu.be/wjjNfGk8T0w?hd=1

Rainbow in OK City while driving east
http://youtu.be/IwaWjDS6-k4?hd=1

Driving tour of the Grand Canyon park
http://youtu.be/Nwoopeqc6WI?hd=1

This is how the camera mounts in the cab. I ran the USB cord up the A-pillar. I did this mod and liked the GPS mount so much I had to make one for the camera.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
expeditiontaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Felipe
expeditiontaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool video man! great idea and it came out nice.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Epic!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Cool vids.

Whats the reason for visting Ohio?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
bridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bridaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Cool vids.

Whats the reason for visting Ohio?
Family & friends. I grew up in Plain Township, Stark County. I moved to SoCal back in '93. It was neat spending the 4th with my son in Ohio. When I was a kid the neighborhood set off so many fireworks, the next morning there was so much shredded paper you couldn't see the street!

Last July was wicked, that humidity just about killed me. Bad timing. That freak heat wave whacked the entire country (except SoCal). I've really grown accustomed to the DRY heat out here.

I spent a day photographing Molly Stark and I was completely soaked when I was done. It was one of those days sweating did nothing to cool you down. Warnings on the radio about staying inside and I'm humping heavy camera equipment around in the sun. By the time I left I was feeling minor heat injury symptoms. Got some cool shots though. They don't make buildings like that anymore. I found out my Grandpa was admitted there with T.B. but he got better and was released. Most weren't that fortunate.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #7
drtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrtydru is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dru
drtydru's Tacoma Gallery
Im surprised you didnt get a ticket driving so fast
Old 01-14-2012, 02:25 AM   #8
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridaw View Post
Family & friends. I grew up in Plain Township, Stark County. I moved to SoCal back in '93. It was neat spending the 4th with my son in Ohio. When I was a kid the neighborhood set off so many fireworks, the next morning there was so much shredded paper you couldn't see the street!

Last July was wicked, that humidity just about killed me. Bad timing. That freak heat wave whacked the entire country (except SoCal). I've really grown accustomed to the DRY heat out here.

I spent a day photographing Molly Stark and I was completely soaked when I was done. It was one of those days sweating did nothing to cool you down. Warnings on the radio about staying inside and I'm humping heavy camera equipment around in the sun. By the time I left I was feeling minor heat injury symptoms. Got some cool shots though. They don't make buildings like that anymore. I found out my Grandpa was admitted there with T.B. but he got better and was released. Most weren't that fortunate.
That good ol' thick Ohio humidity. Flippin disgusting.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
gets pretty crazy w/ those night scenes.. surprised that bug stayed on the windshield as long as it did
Old 01-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #11

bridaw's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Drift HD170 Stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
You like McDonalds......lol Very cool, what camera is that.
LOL I knew people would think I was eating a lot of McD's food. Ew. Can't stand the food but love the coffee. We had a cooler full of food.

The camera is a Drift HD170 Stealth POV camera. There is more detail about the setup in this thread.