Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Pm Cmack.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Yes sir, I went there for new years 2008 when I lived just outside of london!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tra...d-kingdom.html

That's from my July/August trip. Not much info on EDI since I didn't spend a ton of time there during that trip. I spent a full day there on that trip, and I passed through loads of time. Covers a few other places. I'll answer that follow up PM in a sec. Glad I found this thread
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
It rains a ton up there so expect it! I loved the tours of the castle and the ghost dungons in the middle of edinburgh! The shopping it really nice there too! Its a great experience. I went there not know what the city had to offer and had a great time so just go with the flow!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
I was there during early august '08... It's a great place!! Actually, i was backpacking through the UK, and just by luck I arrived to that wonderful place! But the best is that it was Carnival Time!!! Pipping contest, lot of people, clowns, magicians, and everything is like if you traveled to medieval times!!!

Let me find some pics!!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepo View Post
I was there during early august '08... It's a great place!! Actually, i was backpacking through the UK, and just by luck I arrived to that wonderful place! But the best is that it was Carnival Time!!! Pipping contest, lot of people, clowns, magicians, and everything is like if you traveled to medieval times!!!

Let me find some pics!!
Ah so you got to see the Military Tattoo? I've always missed it by usually a week every time I've been in Scotland...getting quite annoying
Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Some pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1504.jpg   Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1512.jpg   Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1514.jpg   Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1522.jpg   Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1527.jpg  

Old 02-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #11

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
More pics!

cmack: I didn't see 'em!!! the problem is that when we arrived, all the tickets were sold out! but we heard 'em from the outside! hahaha

I'm the one with the blue tshirt...

And bridgcat, the best tip I can give you is: always bring an umbrella with you!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1530.jpg   Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1545.jpg   Edinburgh, Scotland...anyone been?-cimg1579.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chepo View Post
More pics!

cmack: I didn't see 'em!!! the problem is that when we arrived, all the tickets were sold out! but we heard 'em from the outside! hahaha

I'm the one with the blue tshirt...

And bridgcat, the best tip I can give you is: always bring an umbrella with you!!!
Gah! Such a tease. lol I've heard it's absolutely brilliant if you ever get to see it. I will one of these days...I know it hahaha
Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #13

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Gah! Such a tease. lol I've heard it's absolutely brilliant if you ever get to see it. I will one of these days...I know it hahaha
Haha I know! I want to go back!!! Check this video, this was the 08 event!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SQPc3cy-Fw
Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #14
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Mate of mine is a native son of Edinburgh and if Cmack hasn't answered your questions send them my way and I'll see that he gets answers back to you.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse1 View Post
Mate of mine is a native son of Edinburgh and if Cmack hasn't answered your questions send them my way and I'll see that he gets answers back to you.
Giving him probably more information than he wants to know

I know my way 'round the island, that's for sure.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #16
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Giving him probably more information than he wants to know

I know my way 'round the island, that's for sure.
Copy that, ignore my last then.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse1 View Post
Copy that, ignore my last then.
Hey, the more info the better eh! I didn't mean to discourage at all. i've been PM'ing back and forth though with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
Thanks for all the help guys! We are really excited about this trip. We had to postpone it to April so hopefully it will be a little warmer. Again, all your input is appreciated!
IMO, good call. I'd say if you can swing it even, go early-mid may. But don't go later than that because that's when the count down to the olympics will go crazy. The entire UK and nearby countries in Cont. Europe (like france, amsterdam, etc) will be all over it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
A big thanks to Cmack for all his advice and help!
Cheers pal! Any questions I can't answer, I can find answers for. Most of the stuff I've done my fair bit of though. You're making me jealous and convincing me there's some work-related reason as to why I need to return to St. Andrews in the coming months