Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Need Advice!! Please Help!! Lift Before cross-country trip?

Old 03-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
smuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud ofsmuggiesrider has much to be proud of
Name: CR
smuggiesrider's Tacoma Gallery
Need Advice!! Please Help!! Lift Before cross-country trip?

So I just bought a toytec ultimate lift kit w/ LR Uca's and Dakar complete leaf replacements.

My summer wheels/tires are FJ Trail teams with 4.5" backspacing with the stock BF Goodrich KO's 265/75/16

I plan on driving it Cross Country soon and am wondering if I should wait til I get back to install my lift. Also if I should just get some used highway tires to run?

I will be traveling mostly highway of course but would like to dip off-road from time to time as were going to Yellowstone eventually and possibly the Grand Canyon.

Any advice on the wear and tear of the lift/ tires/ gas mileage vs leaving stock and replacing w/ highway tires for the trip?

Anyone ever driven all around the country in their Tacoma?
Were going NE to NW to SW to S to NE time allowing.
Attached Thumbnails
Need Advice!! Please Help!! Lift Before cross-country trip?-img_1157.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would wait....I think your fuel mileage will suffer from the lift. You may get some vibs depending on the which lift you use.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
jafarr08 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
Name: Jamie
jafarr08's Tacoma Gallery
I drive from Washington to Oregon, I have a 6 in lift with 35's and only get about 11 to 12 mpg
Old 03-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on how long until your trip, I'd wait. If you have enough time to get the lift installed, put some miles on it, chase out any vibes, etc, then go for it, put it on now. If you're leaving in a couple days, I'd wait.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely wait, fuel mileage will suffer, plus you don't want to be in the middle of no where and have something come loose or break. Not that it happens often, but I wouldn't take the chance.