Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

California to Alaska

Old 03-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Russ
ruslanus's Tacoma Gallery
California to Alaska

Well, I drove from Riverside, CA to Wasilla, AK. It took me four days to cover a total of 3,400 miles. It was a great road trip. Total cost just over $1,000. But the memories are priceless
Old 03-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
ruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to beholdruslanus is a splendid one to behold

Marines:

Old 03-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #3

Marines:

Old 03-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
Damn thatsss far.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
pic of the dog behind you is funny...looked like it was cold...
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #6

Marines:
He was bored out of his mind
Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
3400 miles in 4 days is a ton of winshield time.
My congrats to you!!!
Those are long days.
I have found that you average 60 mph. with stops for gas, potty and food so about 15 hrs. a day driving?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Thats awesome I have been on the Al-Can highway twice, Canadians are a lot nicer in person
I agree with this statement.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslanus View Post
Well, I drove from Riverside, CA to Wasilla, AK. It took me four days to cover a total of 3,400 miles. It was a great road trip. Total cost just over $1,000. But the memories are priceless
Sound's to me more like punishment.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #11

Marines:
Quote:
3400 miles in 4 days is a ton of winshield time.
My congrats to you!!!
Those are long days.
I have found that you average 60 mph. with stops for gas, potty and food so about 15 hrs. a day driving?
Pretty close, I was able to drive much faster on US roads, so the first day I drove for 18 hours, then everything slowed down in Canada. The roads are not as nice, speed limits are lower. Plus my truck was loaded to the max, even with the rear leaf TSB done, I was on bump stops every dip and pot hole.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #12

Marines:
Quote:
Thats awesome I have been on the Al-Can highway twice, Canadians are a lot nicer in person
Yes they are, except the ones working customs. They were pretty hostile, put my dog in a kennel, put me inside the building, took my passport, phone, drivers license and truck keys while they took everything out of my truck. It took them three hours to search my entire vehicle. Oh, and no bathrooms. Once they didn't find anything, they became very "nice" even offered help loading my stuff back in, which i declined.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Somethin about anonymity and a keyboard that get them going
FU
Old 03-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #14
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
FU DB
Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
FU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskquatch11 View Post
FU DB
I somehow knew OZ was going to be the first to comment on that statement...surprised the other canuck didn't say anything
Old 03-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #16

Marines:
All the Canadians I encountered on my travel through British Columbia and Yukon were nice people. Except for the encounter at the border, my travel through Canada was pretty good. It was hard to follow the speed limit in kilometers though
Old 04-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #17

Marines:

Moose in the Driveway

a little dirty from the trip
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #18
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
more pics please......I do envy your exploits
Old 04-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #19

Marines:

Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #20

Marines:
I didn't take as many pictures as I should have. I just kept driving