Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Iceland Trip

Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Iceland Trip

I'm going on my honeymoon to Iceland in two weeks. Has anyone been that can make some recommendations or traveler's tips? I'm working on getting some trips booked with Arctic Trucks. If anyone has some sights that should be seen or things to do feel free to chime in.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #2
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I hear the Blue Lagoon is suppose to be pretty sweet, Lots of water falls to tour, Volcanos ect...This is what I heard from a buddy...He also said drinks are insanely expensive and the women are insanely hot.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you already left??? I lived there for three years. I've got some tips if you haven't left yet.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm already here but if you have some ideas for us we'd appreciate it. Currently we are in Blonduos and heading west from there.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Lagoon is a must. Don't just check it out though, bring your swimsuit and get in.

Gullfoss and Skogafoss are among my favorite waterfalls.

Since you are already so far north and heading west I assume you already hit up Akuyeri.

As for Reykjavik, the Pearlan is a good place to take in the city views. There is an awesome sandwich ship at the far north end of the walking mall. Instead of subs they call it boats. The lamb boat sandwich is my favorite.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Blue Lagoon is a must. Don't just check it out though, bring your swimsuit and get in.

Gullfoss and Skogafoss are among my favorite waterfalls.

Since you are already so far north and heading west I assume you already hit up Akuyeri.

As for Reykjavik, the Pearlan is a good place to take in the city views. There is an awesome sandwich ship at the far north end of the walking mall. Instead of subs they call it boats. The lamb boat sandwich is my favorite.
Thanks for the info. We've made it to Gullfoss already. We did the golden circle and took F35 to Akuyeri and looped back west after that. We're going to explore the west fjords for the time being and then head back south and check out Skogafoss and volcano. We're saving the blue lagoon for the last couple days before we head back. Is it just me or is Iceland crazy expensive? Diesel is 8 bucks a gallon and food is an arm and a leg here. Not to mention vehicle rentals are spendy.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
Is it just me or is Iceland crazy expensive? Diesel is 8 bucks a gallon and food is an arm and a leg here. Not to mention vehicle rentals are spendy.
Oh yeah, it's super expensive. I always bought gas on base in Keflavik. They would match stateside prices. And food prices......don't get me started. My wife and I only ate out at late night drunk food type places.

Once you hit Skogafoss might as well turn around and head back. Not much going on in Vik. Unless you just wanna go to the southern most part of the island for shits and grins.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #9

I think I've sent about 300 bucks on eating lamb around here. We've been spending about 80 bucks on dinner each night which is insane. The thing I miss most is breakfast. I can't believe they don't do breakfast here. Nothing opens until at least 10 am and if you find breakfast its some cereal and ham.

We are done with the northwest and back in Reykjavik for the night. Going to drink some 8 dollar beers... everything is expensive. Head south for the rest of the week and explore there.