1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I have quite a trip on my hands... and need some advice..

Discussion in 'Travel' started by LAoffroadin, May 29, 2012.

1. May 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Heading to Seattle in mid july from new orleans LA. Im pulling a double axle trailer with a fod escape on it and a few hundred more pounds...

i need to stop in houston texas to see family and also in sacramento, cali for wifes family.

whats the best routes, that offer good sights and entertainment that wont DESTROY my new taco?

You travel gurus.. feel free to add any other advice ( i know i need to pack lots of twinkies....)

2. May 29, 2012 at 11:53 AM
    Ninja

Ninja The Lone Wolf of TW!

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    '04 Prerunner SR5 Reg. Cab
    I would head north from Houston to Dallas, then US 81/287 to connect to I-40 in Amarillo. Take I-40 west will take you thru Albuquerque and Flagstaff, which are much cooler temp wise then using I-10 thru El Paso and Phoenix...also mid-july is Monsoon season in NM/AZ, I-40 route will mean more t-storms/rain while I-10 route dust/sand storms/outflow winds.

Turn offs from I-40 include Sedona (AZ 89A) 25 miles from Flagstaff, Grand Canyon (AZ 64) 50 miles off I-40 via Williams, AZ. If you cut off from I-40 in Kingman, AZ via US 93 will take you to Hoover Dam/Lake Mead and Las Vegas. Cut back to I-40 via I-15 from Las Vegas.
    I-15 and 40 meet back up in Barstow, CA where I-40 will become CA 58 which will take you to Bakersfield where you can take CA 99 to Sacramento, you can cutoff in Fresno to go to Yosemite or stay on CA 58 to I-5 which is much quicker to Sacramento...this route avoids LA completely :)
    If don't mind the extra travel you can cutoff from either I-5 or CA 99 to CA 46 west which take you to Paso Robles, which is Cali's "other wine country" minus the snobs from up north then US 101 north to the Bay Area where you can reconnect to get to Sacramento.
    After Sacramento, I would stay on I-5 north to Seattle which passes by Shasta, the Rogue River Region, Portland...and so on. :)

Hope this helps and enjoy the trip.

3. May 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Tom Tom. Its great for points of interest, routes and more things than you would think. Enjoy your trip and drive careful.

4. May 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Sounds like you area traveling machine!! Thats everything i needed haha. Thanks a million

To Top