Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Everest? Anybody been?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
it costs 60k to climb a dam mountain?!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
plus gear (5k or so) and travel and a guide if you use one....it adds up quickly
Old 08-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTaco View Post
plus gear (5k or so) and travel and a guide if you use one....it adds up quickly
5k for gear? Try upwards of 10k. I've spent just around 2500-3k for all my gear just for Mt. Hood. Everest, you have to have a down suit (at least 1200), boots that can handle -70 degrees, gloves that do the same. Shit is VERY expensive
Old 08-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #24
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
You all should just come to Alaska. You can do Everest and that's cool but how about doing the hundreds of other climbs that are up here? And if you want cold, we can arrange that too. I heard a story from a guide who put some climbers on St. Elias (19k) and one paraglided from the top. Found him on a sandbar about 7 miles away.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
10k is prob more like it, I've spent maybe 3 on gear to climb Kili and Aconcagua. Not a whole lot more to get for me. Plus pro deals are great for the down suits and other pricey gear. Denali is on my list as well a other lesser know mountains through out AK. Just need some more time off work.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 PM   #26
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
You all should just come to Alaska. You can do Everest and that's cool but how about doing the hundreds of other climbs that are up here? And if you want cold, we can arrange that too. I heard a story from a guide who put some climbers on St. Elias (19k) and one paraglided from the top. Found him on a sandbar about 7 miles away.
A good friend of mine just moved to Anchorage earlier this year. I will definitely be up that way in the near future.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Personally, the best book you'll ever read.

Check out Into the Wild too
Haha read it too. Didnt realize at the time I started Into Thin Air that he had written all 3 books. Between working 12 hour night shifts and 14 hours of school, my brain has been friend for the most part. He is an amazing author.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #28

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Whilst on the subject of books. If you have an ereader or smart phone.... go to tuebl.com and thank me later. If you need help on how to do it PM me
Old 08-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
This video is very Sad yet interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFr1KdY6aiw
Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #30

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Jay238;5534203]This video is very Sad yet interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFr1KdY6aiw[/QUOTE]

There is a documentary on this. It was on netflix as of the day I started this thread. Not on there now though, I dont think.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #31
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=TNDrew;5534271]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
This video is very Sad yet interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFr1KdY6aiw[/QUOTE]

There is a documentary on this. It was on netflix as of the day I started this thread. Not on there now though, I dont think.

What's it called?

Products Discussed in this Thread