Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Disney world trip advice

Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
nobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jonathan
nobody4343's Tacoma Gallery
Disney world trip advice

Ok guys I'm having like a mini family vacation in Florida near the end of August. It's me, my dad, my sister, my two nieces 4 and 5, my brother-in-law, and my sisters father-in-law. We staying at the summer bay resort in clermont Florida. We are going to spend five days at Disney world. Anyone got any advice on what to ride or attraction that are must see and if anyone has ever been to that resort. Trying to plan out our days somewhat have no idea on what to do. So please help me guys.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
i liked the Tower of Terror at MGM.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
The kids section in Disney's main park would be good for them. Also EPCOT has some neat stuff they can watch and do. They may like the Animal Kingdom too.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Waterpark was pretty cool. I went to the one that had the huge water slide. I believe they have two of them.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
It's also a lot bigger than the one in California. You could probably stay a week and not see everything.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Epcot--Ride the cars--Speed Track--Lines are LONG--Go to the "singles" line--you will ride 5 times while the others are still standing in line.
Magic kingdom---SPACE MOUNTAIN--Good ride too.
Tea cups--good for the littler people--SPIN THE SHIT OUT OF IT. My kids could not believe how fast we spun.
Buzz Light year--You shoot the targets while riding in a space car.
Tower of terror is GOOD TOO.
Roller coaster next to tower of terror--is OK.
Lots of others too- cannot remember them all.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #11
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
Utilize the fast pass. Get a few fast passes, then go for the rides with small lines. After that go back and use your fast pass. Worked great for us. Also check out the 5 story arcade in downtown Disney. FREAKIN' AWESOME!!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
rock n roll roller coaster at MGM

tower of terror

test track at epcot

buzz lightyear thing is fun as shit and i was 20 last time i was there

the indiana jones theater/show thing is AWESOME a MUST for all to see

i remember some stunt thing (theater/show) that was really cool

Its a bugs life (3D show - really fun, kids will love it)

use fast pass as much as u can on rides you KNOW you want to go on

water parks are awesome as well...id say do the water park after two days of parks...that way it can be kinda relaxing/recharging to tackle the next days

-sorry i love disney....use to go every year growing up since my dad is employed by them (action new in philly is a ABC owned tv station - and ABC is owned by disney)
so we have these silver credit cards that we get into all the parks for free...pretty sweet deal. I got spoiled ha

Hope you all have fun! Firework shows are awesome too
Old 06-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
Crusher 2 is on a distinguished road
Crusher 2's Tacoma Gallery
Advice: Don't buy new shoes the week before your go. Take your old comfortable ones. You will be doing a lot of walking and a lot of standing (in lines). Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! It's hotter than snot in central florida in August.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #15
fuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to beholdfuzz master is a splendid one to behold
fuzz master's Tacoma Gallery
dont forget star wars ride in hollywood studios
Old 06-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #18
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMR View Post
Utilize the fast pass. Get a few fast passes, then go for the rides with small lines. After that go back and use your fast pass. Worked great for us. Also check out the 5 story arcade in downtown Disney. FREAKIN' AWESOME!!
^ This. Will save you time in the long run... and I love watching people's faces when you use a fast pass and get to the front of the line after they've been sweating in line for an hour.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #19
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and don't be cheap. I live two miles from SeaWorld and we have season passes, so we go up there quite often if only to watch the tourists, which is often a spectacle unto itself. I see a lot of people trying to be ultra-cheap. I mean, shit, it's a frickin' amusement park... you came all that way to have a great time.

Don't be cheap--go home broke and enjoy it.