Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

No internet for 3 days.................

Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
No internet for 3 days.................

So I've spent the last few days in out of town for my step daughters college orientation. Stayed at a Doubletree hotel (on campus hotel) and they want to charge extra for wifi. WTF? This is a $150+ a night hotel. And they can't offer "free" wifi? I've stayed at $30 hotels that offer it for free! I don't mean to sound cheap, and didn't even ask the cost since we had a full agenda and didn't leave me enough time to do much on it anyway but I just thought this was bs. Unfortunately I'll likely be staying there in the future since it is the only place within walking distance and parking is limited. They do give us a discount since it is on campus and she is attending but still say this is cheap. Is this normal?

I normally would stay somewhere else for the price but with the discount, location, convenience, and having to pay to park somewhere else it just makes it worth it. But I'm just shocked that somewhere that charges that much wont give "free" wifi.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
The Polar Bear
Devux is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Devux's Tacoma Gallery
I feel ya'. Got back from Cali a few weeks ago (business trip) and they put us up in this little mum and pop hotel which was very nice that actually, get this, offered pay-per-minute DIAL UP internet access. You did get a free 30 minutes each day though...Just hilarious because most modern laptops don't have RJ-11 ports.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
The Polar Bear

Devux's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
And they didn't even have a mini fridge or microwave in the room.
That's the worst $150+ hotel ever
Old 07-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
tether it off your phone.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #6
The Polar Bear

Devux's Tacoma Gallery
Think if you had tethering, you wouldn't be without internet for three days. Jus' saying.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
impressively unimpressive................its like they strive to be a PITA

I wonder if they just wanted to force people to eat at their restaurant instead.....I assume they had an attached or unattached place of business for dining at those prices?
Yeah they have an attached restaurant, but the college gave us a deal on our meals for the stay and it was just a 2 block walk. $35 a person for 2 days of meals, breakfast, lunch, and 1 dinner.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
have laptop? get a usb wireless modem & take a walk/drive about & chances are you'll find an unsecure signal to bounce off of, only slightly unethical & def. not illegal

my God man, how ever did you survive ???
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
tether it off your phone.
Don't have a smart phone/internet if that is what "tethering" means. We live in the dark ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
i was gunna suggest that too, but I think hes back home?
Yes, back at home now.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
have laptop? get a usb wireless modem & take a walk/drive about & chances are you'll find an unsecure signal to bounce off of, only slightly unethical & def. not illegal

Couldn't find an unsecured signal, but didn't take my laptop outside though. Like I said, they had us on a pretty tight schedule. Did have Sunday night free for a few hrs but did some shopping, exploring, and went out for dinner that night.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post

i'm surprised you know what wifi and unsecure signals are....
Old 07-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #12
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
i'm surprised you know what wifi and unsecure signals are....

Hey dude, theres more than dust settling behind my bald head & toothless smile....
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I have stayed at other doubletrees that offer free wifi AND have the mini fridge and microwave. WTF!