LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Driving Cross Country CA to FL **HELP**

Old 08-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Driving Cross Country CA to FL **HELP**

My Girl friend's sister got a paid internship with Disney so she's moving to Florida for half a year. So it will be my GF, GF's sister and me. We're driving there leaving the car with her and flying back.

We're leaving this Sunday @ 4:AM and not stopping till we hit Anthony, TX that night.

Monday we're not stopping till New Orleans (never been
) going to stay two nights.

Wednesday we're making the final stretch to Orlando and staying two nights

Basicly my question is what the heck is there to do in these cities keep in mind I'm a bit of a cheap ass (home owner)

Me and two women ............ DRIVING lol wish me luck

This is the route:
Old 08-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
try to avoid NM
Old 08-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
There is whiskey and a spare room for you if you decide to stop in NM!
Sorry Girl Friends sister likes females

JK thanks man! Where bouts in NM are you?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
try to avoid NM
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
Go to the Alamo when you go thru San Antonio
Good point been there once the girls should get a kick out that
Old 08-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I'm watching you

albuquerque and i am spoken for lol
haha your way up there! Thanks for the offer dude!

That's why I love TW lots of cool peeps
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Bender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBender581 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bender581's Tacoma Gallery
New Orleans: Eat good food. Drink. Hangover. Repeat.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
You're going about an hour and a half south of me. There is nothing to do in Anthony. Why not just stay in El Paso?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
el paso is probably the worst place on the face of the planet, avoid at all costs.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
el paso is probably the worst place on the face of the planet, avoid at all costs.
Yeah you're right, Anthony is a way better alternative. Whole different world there.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
excuse my ignorance but what in the heck is an "internship" at disney world involve? Greet customers, ticket booth or a Donald Duck suit?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
Makin' it Hail
Kylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shedKylsix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 89D EOD
Name: Rick
Kylsix's Tacoma Gallery
Don't stop in Anthony, stop in Las Cruces, NM. A LOT more to do there than in Anthony. Great food and bars (college town), decent sized city with all the necessary amenities. It's only about half an hour difference in time, I would strongly advise staying in Las Cruces than in Anthony just for the fact there will be many more options for food and lodging in Las Cruces.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
excuse my ignorance but what in the heck is an "internship" at disney world involve? Greet customers, ticket booth or a Donald Duck suit?
Stage hand, preping the performers for live shows, ect

She's been in the PCPA for many years now

Disney doesn't drag you cross county, give you decent pay, and housing for tearing ticket stubs lol
Old 08-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
You're going about an hour and a half south of me. There is nothing to do in Anthony. Why not just stay in El Paso?
I think we might be changing the first night are there any large towns between you and fort Stockton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylsix View Post
Don't stop in Anthony, stop in Las Cruces, NM. A LOT more to do there than in Anthony. Great food and bars (college town), decent sized city with all the necessary amenities. It's only about half an hour difference in time, I would strongly advise staying in Las Cruces than in Anthony just for the fact there will be many more options for food and lodging in Las Cruces.
The first night is all about road time just trying to make it as far as possible without driving all night but who knows if I'm tired we might just do that
Old 08-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
I think we might be changing the first night are there any large towns between you and fort Stockton?

What's your criteria for large? Over 100 people?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of phone do you have? I often drive across country for fun, and this last trip from L.A. through San Antonio I took all backroads and guided myself from interesting site to interesting site using the iPhone apps Roadside America, TripAdvisor, and Yelp.

You can find anything you ever wanted to find with those three traveling apps.

Have fun!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to stop overnight anywhere in the Permian Basin (Pecos, Fort Stockton, Ozona, etc) I would call ahead to see if there are any hotel rooms. The oil boom is such that you usually need to book several weeks out because all the service companies book the rooms for their employees.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
What's your criteria for large? Over 100 people?
More regular people than tweakers lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
What kind of phone do you have? I often drive across country for fun, and this last trip from L.A. through San Antonio I took all backroads and guided myself from interesting site to interesting site using the iPhone apps Roadside America, TripAdvisor, and Yelp.

You can find anything you ever wanted to find with those three traveling apps.

Have fun!

I would love taking the scenic route just kind of a rush on this trip gotta be in orlando by thursday morning.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #19
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
If you are going to stop overnight anywhere in the Permian Basin (Pecos, Fort Stockton, Ozona, etc) I would call ahead to see if there are any hotel rooms. The oil boom is such that you usually need to book several weeks out because all the service companies book the rooms for their employees.
Thank you for the heads up!

We already reserved New Orleans and Orlando just haven't made up our minds for the first night
Old 08-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
More regular people than tweakers lol
Nearest one of those is about 5 hours from here.