Being from Alberta, and having never visited the good ol' US of A, I know nothing of whats available in and around Yellowstone. Here are some of the things we're looking to find / do / have while on our vacation:
1. First of all, there's 3 of us. Me, wife and our son who will be just over 3 months old at our time of departure.
2. We're driving nearly 1000 miles to get from our home to the nearest park entrance, and will stay in a hotel after day one of driving on the Canadian side of the border and cross through in the morning.
3. We'd really like to stay in a 'well equipped' [read: kitchen w/ fridge and a decent bathroom] cabin, or lodge of some sort.
4. We are planning on spending a total of 6 days in the park after arrival day, so we're looking for a good list of places to go / things to see / doable activities giving that we'd be packing our kid around.
4.1 on the kid note, we do have a carrier which I will be using to 'wear' our kid on my front, and we are looking to do some short to medium hikes. Just want a few good suggestions where to do such a thing.
5.We're planning on heading out on the 28th of september, and leaving the park on the 5th of october. What sort of weather should we be planning to be outside in during this trip?
6. Any suggestions of places to stop / things to see or do on the way from the Canadian border to the Park or on the way home as well. For reference we'll be crossing in Coutts, Alberta, over to Sweet Grass, Montana.
7. What items should we bring that I may not obviously consider as necessary, but you think I might want while there?
Thanks for any and all input. For the help I'll be trying to GoPro the entire trip from the hood of the truck, maybe roof, who knows. Also, a lot of pictures will be posted here for all to enjoy. This is my first trip into America, help me make it a great one!