Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Vacation or Mods??

Old 09-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Vacation or Mods??

So I was just about to spend a few grand on the truck for things like a Demello bumper and maybe a mid travel setup with other things like WO seat covers and more... but now the GF wants to go to New York for a week

Good part about the trip is that my mom lives out on the East coast in Massachusetts, so the plan was to spend Wednesday through Sunday in the big city, then Sunday through wednesday with my mom, whom I havent seen in 5 years

Roundtrip flight for 2: $580
Hotel for 4 nights in NYC: $1320
Dining/Entertainment for 2: ~$600
TOTAL TRIP COST: ~$2500

Gives me a great vacation and family time, and the money isnt an issue, but that means no more MODS for a few month

What to do??
Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Family > Things
Old 09-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
Family > Things
I agree with this. Go on the trip

I definitely would if it's been 5 years since I've seen mama bear
Old 09-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Family > Things
This was my thought too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
Get a new g/f
I have to admit though I am kinda excited about vacation though too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
I agree with this. Go on the trip

I definitely would if it's been 5 years since I've seen mama bear
Yah its been way too long. I agree, family first....

BUT TW/MODS ARE AN ADDICTION!!!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
BUT TW/MODS ARE AN ADDICTION!!!!!
Bumpers and mods will always be there

Time with family is precious
Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Bumpers and mods will always be there

Time with family is precious
Thats a good Sig
Old 09-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just fly mom out to see you? You'll still have plenty of money left for mods. New York's not going anywhere, so tell the gf the trip can wait.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Go on the trip man, get an oversand permit and go camp out on the cape, i already have a trip planned out for next summer on the cape and i cant wait for it
Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Why not just fly mom out to see you? You'll still have plenty of money left for mods. New York's not going anywhere, so tell the gf the trip can wait.
This is true

hmmm...
Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Go on the trip man, get an oversand permit and go camp out on the cape, i already have a trip planned out for next summer on the cape and i cant wait for it
more info??
Old 09-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #12
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Family > Things
THIS! family is way more important than mods.

i try not to think like this a lot. but i will right now. you never know when something bad will happen to your mom.(or any other family) and if you used it for mods, knowing you could have gone and seen them you will be pissed with your self for the rest of your life. (now iím prob going to get -1 for this, but itís the truth!)

iím plain a trip to western NY this winter to see some of my family. saw them last august, but want to go agin.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
THIS! family is way more important than mods.

i try not to think like this a lot. but i will right now. you never know when something bad will happen to your mom.(or any other family) and if you used it for mods, knowing you could have gone and seen them you will be pissed with your self for the rest of your life. (now iím prob going to get -1 for this, but itís the truth!)

iím plain a trip to western NY this winter to see some of my family. saw them last august, but want to go agin.
Some will scrutinize your logic but I agree 100% Nothing in life is certain, and we just never know. Its only been 5 years because I could never afford it before, but now that I can, its time for a visit anyways, mine as well make a whole trip out of it too right??
Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #14
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Some will scrutinize your logic but I agree 100% Nothing in life is certain, and we just never know. Its only been 5 years because I could never afford it before, but now that I can, its time for a visit anyways, mine as well make a whole trip out of it too right??
yeah they will but i donít care. i went 3 or 4 years with out going and seeing cousins and stuff. i could not drive, and we had a few family things come up here. had new cousins to see. kinda wish i was not 12 hours away. and yep this winter i plain to do some snowboarding when iím up.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
yeah they will but i donít care. i went 3 or 4 years with out going and seeing cousins and stuff. i could not drive, and we had a few family things come up here. had new cousins to see. kinda wish i was not 12 hours away. and yep this winter i plain to do some snowboarding when iím up.
I wish I was only 12 hours away... Thats a walk in the park lol. Im 3500 miles away, bout a 1.5-2 week drive alone or a $3-500 flight
Old 09-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #16

Quote:
I wish I was only 12 hours away... Thats a walk in the park lol. Im 3500 miles away, bout a 1.5-2 week drive alone or a $3-500 flight
oh dang! that is far! we always drive. just easier when you stay for 1 or 2+ weeks.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
oh dang! that is far! we always drive. just easier when you stay for 1 or 2+ weeks.
It would be nice to bring the truck, and a cross country road trip would be a sweet experience (with someone else not alone) but I don't have $1750 in gas money lol

7000 mi round trip
Avg 17 MPG
412 gallons of fuel used
@ avg $4.25/gal
Total - $1750

Avg. Round-trip airfare per person - $300
or a total of $600 for both of us...

Unless I have a third occupant it would behoove me to fly

EDIT: Although nothing would satisfy me more than to have front and year plate bumpers and some armor and drive around NYC all day people would hate me!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #18

Quote:
It would be nice to bring the truck, and a cross country road trip would be a sweet experience (with someone else not alone) but I don't have $1750 in gas money lol

7000 mi round trip
Avg 17 MPG
412 gallons if fuel used
@ avg $4.25/gal
Total - $1750

Avg. Round-trip airfare per person - $350....

I'll fly
yeah i can see wear flying is better for you. itís about 650 miles one way for us. can make it half way on a tank. and some times fill you right before we get their or right after.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Mods of course!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #20
Thin Blue Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Mods of course!
Only if you sell me your All Pro for $500