LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Buying a cheap travel trailer..

Old 10-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Buying a cheap travel trailer..

Edit : this has turned into more of a build thread

So, Its hunting season and I have decided I would like to get a camper.

I'm going to school full time (finished in 5 months) so I have limited money.

I looked at the best options for my truck and decided not to go with a camper, but a trailer.

I found a 22 foot 1980 rustler. (majestic right?) The guy says everything works, he reinforced the roof 2 years ago and has no leaks, put it all new lights and painted the inside. From the pictures it looks very clean, and everything looks straight. Says its in good shape inside and out. Hes asking 1000 or best offer.

How does that sound to you? Its about an hour away so I thought id get some opinions first.

Its mostly going to get used for hunting trips with the boys this winter and summer camping trips with friends. All under 1 hour away. (go Canada)

My truck has an aal, K&N cold air, Borla catback and 5100's, it sits nose down about an inch and a quarter.

Heres the ad

http://classifieds.castanet.net/deta..._axle/1458698/
Old 10-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
I have no experience or worthy advice. But it looks pretty dang good. Go for it! And if you cant find a job after you graduate (I'm in the same boat....) you have a place to live! hahah
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that's a clean trailer man. I would jump on it and paint that Fukn gay interior and toss that blue bubble lamp for an antler chandelier.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #6
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine. I have pulled a couple of trailers with my 2008 tacoma. here is the 2 that I have pulled. The White enclosed trailer weighed in at 2995 dry and was around 4200 loaded. The Toy hauler dry is 6300 and loaded is about 6900. I have only done close trips as of 50 miles from home with the heavier trailer but the enclosed Ive done around 400 miles and it does ok with it. Gets around 8 miles to the gallon.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
pretty clean trailer!! how does it sleep five?

what does the outside look like? hunting where you dont need a tent is about the best thing ever!! good luck..offer him $800 cash..hehe.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bought it!

Offered him 800 and he took it.

Its as clean as it looks, exterior is in great shape, new propane fittings, axles all look good, 4 wheel brakes, frame looks good, New water tank and pump. The counter is huge which i love.

The kitchen table folds down into a double, the couch behind does the same, and then the shelf above folds down into a bunk bed!

All the lights work, has a full bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. Septic tank is in working order as well!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doooooooodeee!!

he took $800???!!! hahaha. awesome.

how about a pic of the exterior? congrats
Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #11
Rocknroll is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Rocknroll's Tacoma Gallery
A weight distribution hitch will help when towing. 4600 is not bad, but you'll add another 400 - 500 lbs of water/stuff when towing.

http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Weig...tribution.aspx

Congratulations on the new camper!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #13
that is bad ass..especially for the price you got it for!!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #14

Update for anyone interested

I put my new paint gun to use and painted the whole thing semi gloss white, Window trim, vents painted to match. Inside I painted the furnace and a bunch of other little things. I put two 6.5'' boat speakers outside as well as two inside hooked up to a deck from my old truck. I had a 22'' monitor laying around so I mounted it on the wall as well as my old xbox 350 in the cupboard above for rainy days. I'm thinking about welding up a roof rack and ladder for bulky items. Maybe in a few weeks.

My parents are letting me keep it in the barn over winter so it will be put of the elements.

I"m into it for under 1000 bucks and its pretty well exactly what I want.

Will get pictures this week and post them up
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #16
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
That is awesome. I wish I could get something in that good of shape for that cheap, even if I have to put a lot in it, that is still worth it. Only problem is that I have a 4 cylinder
Old 02-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #18
i love it. i would buy something like that and gut it and make it uber lightweight. aluminum shelfs and counter tops..

how does it tow behind your truck?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i love it. i would buy something like that and gut it and make it uber lightweight. aluminum shelfs and counter tops..

how does it tow behind your truck?
It tows very well, I expected much worse when I went to pick it up but it was great on the highway on the way home.

I think I'm going to pick up a set of air bags to help out with the weight of the atv + camper though.

Products Discussed in this Thread