Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

China

Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Aku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter:
Aku's Tacoma Gallery
China

The wife and I are heading to China in March for ten days. Bejing and Shanghi to be exact. A group of people she works with get good group rates and most of the trip is already planned.

Any TW's traveled there before? I have friends who went during the 2008 Olympics, but because of the event it may have altered their experience.

Im not really sure what to expect. Any tips in regards to currency exchange, places to see ( within reasonable travel from those 2 cities ), and any other things I should be aware of? Thanks for the advice -
Old 01-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
Never been to China but it would be cool if you could keep this thread updated with pics from your trip when you go.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
bring back toyota shit!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
My company is Hong Kong based so I've been there way too many times and traveled extensively through the south but never to those two cities. Worst I can think of, pick pockets are everywhere especially around the train stations. They're sneaky little bastages too! Otherwise, it is quite safe as large cities go IMO. I recall a friend taking a train to see the Great Wall from up there somewhere without too much ado. The major hotels will be full of info. The food is pretty good if ya like Chinese.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
This might be the year we actually fly over...My daughter teaches over there...She is in her 4th year BUT has always come back stateside to visit...asked if Dad could rearrange his vaca schedule.

She was in smaller villages up till this school year and now teaches/lives in Bejing...

Still have a hard time believing my little NH girl is 1/2 world away....
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I've been to Hong Kong and mainland China (Qingdao) was real cool. The knock off market was ridiculous in Qingdao. Best I've ever seen price and quality wise out of the 20 different countries I've been too.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
China is on my list of places to visit, let us know how it went.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #8
Aku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura aboutAku has a spectacular aura about

Firefighter:
Aku's Tacoma Gallery
Just an update. We are extending our trip 3 days so we can go to Xian and see The Terracotta Warriors.

bb609, I have heard the same about the pick pockets. I plan on taking proper precautions to not be a victim.