Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Camping in the cold at Northwest River Park

Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Camping in the cold at Northwest River Park

Going camping tonight with some friends I haven't seen in two years. (since I graduated) Gonna light a fire, do some fishin, and hole up in the tent with the girls when it gets too cold.
About to head out in a few minutes- With how many people are going, we all only have to pay $5 each for the lot. Got my big 8-person tent, fishin pole, tarp, clothes, long johns, football, a saw- the works! Gonna have some fun tonight and tomorrow, and I'll post some pictures when I get back, I reckon.

Cheers!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Angry What a bust.

Well, it kinda sucked. I'm back home early because everyone but me wanted to go home as soon as we woke up, because it was cold. (It's November- of course it's cold!) Only four other people showed up, out of the twelve that said they were coming, and half of us didn't get in until about seven last night- and the two people that I gave my tent to so they could set camp (since they didn't have work yesterday and I did) couldn't figure out how to set it up, so I put it up myself when I got there- and none of them could start a fire, so I did that too. I also bought pretty much all the food for the trip. I also ended up paying a three dollar toll nobody warned me about, and had to pay for two of the others to get in, because they didn't have their $5.

Lesson is, I will never go camping with these folks again, because they don't know how to camp- I just end up doing everything and wind up with nothing left.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
how cold?

trip sounds like a bummer..
Old 11-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Hillbilly

It got to 28 degrees that night. Not terribly cold, but cold enough to where you know it's COLD!
Yeah, the trip stunk. I don't think I'll be going camping with those folks again, because I'll just end up doing everything again. :P
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
It got to 28 degrees that night. Not terribly cold, but cold enough to where you know it's COLD!
Yeah, the trip stunk. I don't think I'll be going camping with those folks again, because I'll just end up doing everything again. :P

we should set up a camping trip. Like out in the woods, near a river for some fishing. No campgrounds lol....

i'd love to be able to take my truck camping with some like minded folks!