Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Baja surf expo 2012

Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Baja surf expo 2012

Got back from a 15 day trip to mex, surfing, camping, wheeling, taco eating, chilling... Over 3K miles all together. Good times. I prefer to tell the story through photos rather than words, so this post is very photo heavy and text light. I’ll gladly fill in any anecdotes for anyone who’s interested. Here's a few pics...
(PM me for specifics. Just refer to the Photo #. I know some folks get a bit uptight about revealing "secret" surf locations in baja...)

Here's a link to a video i made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APIMrPMXbHc

#1 Loaded up, ready to roll...

#2 Mex!

#3 1st camp spot. South of Ensenada

#4 Set up!

#5 Found some new horns for my rig

#6 On our way out

#7 Doing some exploring on our way to the next camp spot

#8 Uh oh...

#9 Airing up after some beach driving

#10 Checkin the surf north of Guererro Negro

#11 Hero pic

#12 Bout to paddle out at our next stop

#13 Carnitas tacos and Tecate! cant beat it!

#14 Beauty! Camping on the cliffs with nobody for miles...

#15 Playing on the beach

#15 Beach mobbin!

#16 Cool beach art

#17 Little oasis in the Desert

#18 Stopped by the local firehouse in Mulege

#19 Looks like their quint is an old rig from a town nearby where I live hah!

#20 On to the east cape. Bahia Concepcion

#21 Crystal blue water and 80 degrees J

#22 Playa El Requeson, our camp spot for a few days

#23 Getting settled in

#24 Palapa

#25 Chillin!

#26 Fire and the moonlight beaming off the bay

#27 Quality hammock time!

#28 Camp

#29 My little lady out in the bay

#30 Getting ready to slay some fishes!

#31 Stingray!

#32 Beach pals

#33 Zora the resident beach dog doing some fishing

#34 Epic sunrise

#35 so beauty!

#36 Awesome bakery in El Rosario. Killer pan dulce and fresh French bread baguettes.

#37 Back to the pacific side. Woke up to some great swell!

#38 Getting some

#39 Rocky beach crew!

#40 Got a little windy here in the afternoons…

#41 headed just north and found some empty right pointbreaks

#42 woohooo

#45 Sun setting on our trip

#46 Gassing up!

#47 Headed back into San Diego just in time for some great afternoon swell

#48 Dirty Girl, back in the States and ready to head home!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics! Looks like you guys had allot of fun.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Thats an awesome trip! Gotta put that on the to do list for someday
Old 12-09-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
So sick! Very cool rig. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #8
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
What brand led bar is that?
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
looks like a great vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Great pics! Looks like you guys had allot of fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Awesome pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Wow! Thats an awesome trip! Gotta put that on the to do list for someday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadcrowm View Post
So sick! Very cool rig. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks guys! ya it was hella fun. definitely going to make this an annual event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscg2008 View Post
What brand led bar is that?
Its essentially identical to the Morimoto brand, sold on here by TRS, but this one has no logo. Bought it used from a TW member Its a 32 inch. tons of light output. seriously... turns night into day!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Thanks guys! ya it was hella fun. definitely going to make this an annual event.

Its essentially identical to the Morimoto brand, sold on here by TRS, but this one has no logo. Bought it used from a TW member Its a 32 inch. tons of light output. seriously... turns night into day!
Ya I thought it looked like a morimoto, I've been trying to find one. Idk if trs still carries them or wat?!?!?!?!?!???!!!???
Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
Adventurer

Firefighter:
Quote:
Ya I thought it looked like a morimoto, I've been trying to find one. Idk if trs still carries them or wat?!?!?!?!?!???!!!???

ya im not sure, in fact i just checked their site yesterday to try and hook up a buddy, but i wasnt able to find LED's there. I know they pulled all their group buys off TW. maybe PM andrew from TRS and see whats up... Its a good light bar. I had to open this one up and fix a broken soldering point, but i bought it used, from someone who obviously pushes his truck pretty hard in the desert, so i wasn't too surprised to have to work on it.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #13
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks like an awesome trip! someday i want to make one like this but for mountain biking
Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
ya im not sure, in fact i just checked their site yesterday to try and hook up a buddy, but i wasnt able to find LED's there. I know they pulled all their group buys off TW. maybe PM andrew from TRS and see whats up... Its a good light bar. I had to open this one up and fix a broken soldering point, but i bought it used, from someone who obviously pushes his truck pretty hard in the desert, so i wasn't too surprised to have to work on it.
Ya I did all that, I found someone else who sells them. I just wanted to buy from TRS, I have their retros. Looks like they won't be getting my business for this too.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #16

Do you have any pics of how you mounted your light bar in ur valence?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #17
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
That looks AWESOME!

love the license plate holder too
Old 12-18-2012, 07:47 AM   #19
Adventurer

Firefighter:
Quote:
Do you have any pics of how you mounted your light bar in ur valence?
Yup!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post5912671

But FWIW, don't be like me! If you're going to drill holes in your crash bar, either drill fuckin big ones or go up thru the bottom. Getting the washers and nuts on the bolts was a huge PITA the way i did it...
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #20
Adventurer

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
That looks AWESOME!

love the license plate holder too
Haha thanks. But I'm seriously considering removing it due to the recent events. Might need to swap in a SF Bulls one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Sweet trip, great photos too. Been wanting to take an expo trip soon
Ya! Do it! So much fun, and worth it every time.