Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

NYC! Advice, tips, and suggestions for visiting the big city this winter please

Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #21
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Empire state building and boat ride to statue of liberty. I have never been there but those are two things I would for sure do, as well as the 9/11 memorial.
Those 3 are pretty much top of the list, except I heard that statue of Liberty is closed cuz of Sandy
Old 12-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #22
B1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the roughB1SLYFOX is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
B1SLYFOX's Tacoma Gallery
I hear Queensbridge is beautiful this time of year.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
Those 3 are pretty much top of the list, except I heard that statue of Liberty is closed cuz of Sandy
Aw ghey. Well you can look at it from the mainland at least lol
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #24
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SLYFOX View Post
I hear Queensbridge is beautiful this time of year.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #25
FastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud of

FastEddie's Tacoma Gallery
If you like art/museums... the Museum of Modern Art is free on Fridays from 4PM-8PM. I think that museum is usually pretty expensive to go see
Old 12-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #26
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastEddie View Post
If you like art/museums... the Museum of Modern Art is free on Fridays from 4PM-8PM. I think that museum is usually pretty expensive to go see
Dam we wanted to go there but the flight lands in JFK at 3pm and I probably won't get to my hotel until at least 5-6pm with all the traffic and BS. I'll have to look into that a little more. Thanks for the info
Old 12-29-2012, 05:34 AM   #27
Thin Blue Line

Well, my trip is now only 6 days away and so far the weather forecast is getting better and worse at the same time. Before it said there will be rain all week with temperatures in the upper 30's. Rain would have sucked for vacation but at least its a decent temp.

But NOW the forecast shows clear skies all week with temps in the mid to upper 20's for a daytime high with a "real feel" in the upper 10's and a nighttime loe around 20° with a real feel around 10°… I'm gonna get frost bite in places I'd rather keep warm if you get what I'm saying

Any suggestions on how to survive walking around trying to enjoy ourselves in temperatures like that in the mid 20's without looking like a Michelin tie guy
Old 12-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #28
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
I think you've pretty much got everything covered. Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, 9/11 Memorial. Also check out Top of the Rock and the obvious Times Square.

As far as food places, the two that my wife and I go to a lot are Daniella's ( 728 8th Ave between 45th and 46th) or Southern Hospitality (645 9th Ave at corner of 45th). Daniella's is italian and I recommend a reservation. It usually fills up pretty quick due to theater crowds. Pricing is good. Food is excellent. Southern Hospitality is a southern comfort food type place. A fun fact (depending on who you are), Southern Hospitality is owned by Justin Timberlake. My wife is obsessed with him, so that's why she likes it there. I like it for the fried chicken, cornbread and margaritas.lol

XXXX, that's funny, I've never noticed that about the hardhat and tape measure. Whenever my wife and I go in, we get bombarded. When I'm there every other day for work, nobody says a word to me but I always have a hardhat and tape with me. Might have to get the wife one.lol

Temperature wise, just dress warm. I was supervising an unload yesterday at the UN and felt so cold I thought my bones were going to snap.